Halloween Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It has been slow going with nonstop sports, but I managed to sneak in a few minutes of work this afternoon.

I hope to get the stones drawn out and carved tomorrow.

(tape is just keeping pressure on the top while the glue sets)
DA6D6A75-9F98-4455-B053-083931976244.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
The extra vertical piece is the support for the gate hinge for that side.
The mid-area horizontal pieces are there in case I need to add a shelf in there later for media devices or whatever.

I am not 100% sure how I am going to finish the back of the columns. I am thinking a simple frame on hinges that is wrapped in black cloth, or a foam door to match the sides and front, but also hinged. I just know at some point I will need access to one or both sides, so I want to account for that now.
The extra vertical piece is the support for the gate hinge for that side.
The mid-area horizontal pieces are there in case I need to add a shelf in there later for media devices or whatever.

I am not 100% sure how I am going to finish the back of the columns. I am thinking a simple frame on hinges that is wrapped in black cloth, or a foam door to match the sides and front, but also hinged. I just know at some point I will need access to one or both sides, so I want to account for that now.
I would finish the back with just the sculpted foam board attached with velcro and not use wood sheathing. A lot of my props made with foam board are reinforced with pieces of yardsticks to keep the edges from breaking when taking them apart. Were you going to hide your lights inside your columns?

·
Registered
203 Posts
This entire thread is awesome. Keep it up!

I may be copying your design other than adding my own touches, plenty of pictures of the process are appreciated! I will do the same.

Question though, MeadowForest are you copying someone else's design that had already been completed? Also what kind of weight are you seeing on the each side of the gate? I am guessing the columns would absolutely need to be made of wood and fairly sturdy to handle the weight.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts