Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of a repost from the Burger King thread. I thought McDonald's deserved it's own thread since I know a lot of people collect this stuff.

A quick google check tells me that there's Hotel Transylvania 2 toys AND Minion Halloween buckets!! OK, I admit to being over this whole obsession with Minions thought I do think they're hilarious & cute. They've just EVERY-FREAKING-WHERE & the over saturation has kinda turned me off. This does NOT mean I won't be buying the pails OR the toys.:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd really like the McBoo Pails to return to the classic Witch, Pumpkin, Ghost themes. The licensing on these just doesn't work recently. The Scooby Doo and Mr. Potato Head ones were okay because Halloween kind of worked with those properties. But Angry Bird and now Minions... No way. Give me generic Halloween please.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have never seen a Minions movie, but I'm stepping into the "OMG I freaking hate them" territory. I'm so sick of them being shoved in my face everywhere I look. I don't want to hate them, but they leave me no choice!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Haha I love the minions! They're hilarious! I am usually somebody who hates bandwagons and over-saturation of characters/tv shows/songs/etc (for example, I refuse to wear maxi skirts because everyone is wearing them, no other particular reason). But regarding those minions, I can't get enough.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for the post.

Someone on twitter posted something like "The earth is 29% land and 71% minion posters" which seems pretty accurate to me these day. Still kinda cute. We had a couple TOTers dressed in home made minion costumes back when Despicable Me came out and they were awesome.

What I miss, though, are the Burger King Simpson toys.

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
600 Posts
My Girlfriend sent me a facebook post about Nightmare Before Christmas happy meals.... it was a HOAX! So if you see anything about the NbC Happy meal, don't beleive it. I had my hopes up only to be grossly disappointed.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, Fakey McHoaxerson:

http://m.snopes.com/nightmare-christmas-happy-meal/

On 23 September 2015 a Facebook user published the image and caption embedded above, suggesting that a Happy Meal based upon the popular film The Nightmare Before Christmas would coming to McDonald’s restaurants beginning 1 October 2015.

Like previous Facebook Halloween-based release rumors (involving a “McOuija” Happy Meal and a poster heralding the purported release of Hocus Pocus 2), the viral Nightmare Before Christmas Happy Meal photograph was a fan-created one and not a legitimate promotional image.

McDonald’s Happy Meal web site confirms that the October 2015 kids’ meal theme will be based on the current film Hotel Transylvania 2 (not The Nightmare Before Christmas, which was released back in in 1993). The image circulating on Facebook appeared in a September 2014 blog post titled “These McDonald’s Horror Movie Themed Happy Meals Are Ridiculously Awesome” (crediting the artwork to the imagination of a person named Newt Clements).

Last updated: 24 September 2015
We watched the first Hotel Transylvania & we were surprised at how much we liked it. Not that I'll be seeing this in the theatre but we'll watch it. It was cute & I actually like the toys.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I said when I saw the commercial for the new one, "hey, that was an Adam Sandler movie I liked in spite of the fact that he's in it."

I suppose that's like saying that the Shrek movies are Mike Meyers/Eddie Murphy movies, but still, if HT had been a live action movie with him as the lead I would have HATED it or never watched it.

Maybe this is his future, doing voice over work. What am I saying? He's got more money than most of us will ever see in a lifetime by continuing to make crappy comedies so why should he stop now?

That said, I did like Anger Management, Spanglish, Punch Drunk Love, mostly the ones that aren't stupid Adam Sandler schtick. Though I do enjoy watching Happy Gilmore & Wedding Singer when they're on.

Anyhoo, I meant to stop by McDonalds today but forgot.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Off Topic per McDonalds toys... but on the Adam Sandler line of thinking. I've never been a huge fan EXCEPT we recently saw Pixels. (Made the mistake of thinking it was for kids. It's not really. LOL) However, my husband and I laughed so hard throughout the whole thing. We were kids in the 80s and it was just... hilariously embarrassingly retro.
The movie was bad. I mean awful. However, we had a super fun time. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.
We were walking out of the theatre and my husband said 'You do know that was Adam Sandler. You hate his movies.' I hated to admit that I finally liked one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Took the kids to see the first hotel transylvania and didn't know it was Adam Sandler until the credits rolled. I haven't liked Adam Sandler in anything since SNL. I will likely be taking the kids to see the new one soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not a fan of much of Adam Sandler's work. The only one that I legitimately liked was Wedding Singer, but a lot of why that movie worked is that Drew Barrymore is so likable in it. I'm not the biggest fan of Hotel Transylvania. It was okay, but it just wasn't something I'm in a hurry to watch again.

As far as Happy Meals, I miss the treat buckets from when I was a kid. The really stuck with more of the classic designs. A Minion bucket is going to be dated next year, but a witch or pumpkin would be timeless and something I'd be more likely to want.

·
Registered
293 Posts
There are 2 Adam Sandler movies that don't get enough credit: Just Go With It and Bedtime Stories. I honestly thought they were really entertaining movies, but not because he was in them. I think I liked them both alot because I was really impressed with the kids.

I ate McDonald's yesterday.... (desperate attempt to get our convo back on track).

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I agree about the licensing, I wish that they'd just stick with generic Halloween, too.

I must have missed the Burger King thread, so it may have already been mentioned, but they had Scooby Doo toys a couple of weeks ago when we went. Actually, we wound up going twice, and my son got two "haunted house" toys with Scooby and the gang.

I liked HT, and didn't realize it was Adam Sandler until I saw the credits, too. I don't dislike him, but there are a couple of his movies that I didn't care much for, and I didn't like his comedy CDs, aside from the Thanksgiving and Hanukkah songs. We won't see the new one in the theater, but we'll watch it when it comes to cable.

Regarding the NBC Happy Meal hoax, those figures pictured are made by a company called JUN. Five Below stores carry them for $2 each, although I have not seen the Mayor nor the Vampires. They also make Christmas Town figures, Jack, elves, some others. I didn't see them at the store when I went yesterday, but I have seen them multiple times throughout the year, otherwise. They're back with the toys, near the Lego mini figures. Oogie Boogie can be taken apart so you can see the bugs inside of him, and Dr. Finklestein's brain cap is removable, so you can see his brain. :) Lock and Barrel come as a set, and Shock comes with Zero, but the others are all sold separately.

They are also available through Amazon in sets, but at a significantly higher price from private sellers.

Barrel is not the easiest to piece together, IMO, and super glue is pretty much a necessity to keep them together if they're going to be moved or bumped. They do not come assembled, you put them together. I didn't think to mention that when it was asked in the SR thread, why I included super glue in my victim's package! :)

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I've seen the IMDB. This is some kind of diabolical trap. Watch out everyone! *backs away from the theater*
hahaha I did say it was really bad!!

Oh and to be on topic... we did eat McD's several times in an attempt to get the Translyvania toys for my youngest.
So far we have two Dracula and 3 Franks (and monstrous indigestion.) ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts