Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In between the scenes in my backyard haunt this year I was looking to make a bit of a maze. In that location I'll have a few scare actors and decorations but it's really just to build anticipation. Over the years the October winds have played havoc with any tarps we've hung up so I was thinking of using rolls of that black weed block (you put it under the mulch in your garden) and run it between 7 foot stakes driven into the ground. One roll (50 feet) of the weed block was $18.00 at Home Depot so even a short maze could get pricey.

Any suggestions on an alternative material that could be used for this effect that can stand up a little bit of wind and is cheap?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
We're doing the same thing at our house this year. What we're planning to use is this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-ft-x-100-ft-Black-4-mil-Plastic-Sheeting-CF0408B/202184130

It's 4-mil, which is what the really heavy-duty contractor trash bags are made of. They also sell 2-mil plastic that is like a heavy duty Hefty bag-type plastic. We figured the 2-mil would hold up, but for $8 more you can double the strength so why not pop for the extra 2-mils.

This also comes in 4-ft, 10-ft and other widths and lengths, so you need to pick the thickness, width, and length you want.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link Bruzilla. I've used solid plastic before and got skunked because of the wind. Maybe I'll pick up a roll or two of this and use it in spots that aren't subject to the hurricane force blasts I always seem to deal with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts