1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread just to give people a heads up to April craft of the month

May CRAFT IS Halloween Terrarium

Time to get creative

this is about being creative and seeing what everyone comes up with its not a contest just to have fun. maybe even doing something you never tried before share ideas post up in progress or finished projects this will be fun.

here is the list of up coming months

June – Spooky forest tree / Ghost
July – Oddity exhibit/ lab specimen
August – Graveyard/ tombstone

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
OH picked up something today that I can do for this.
Probably will be later than May though. :)

Reactions: Saki.Girl

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I could do this one while the little one is napping! :D I have a large brandy snifter and some other large glass containers that I've been thinking of doing something cool with. My Halloween totes are spread out in four different places so need to find them and see where my little skeletons are.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Ok, I'm going to try and put together a little terrarium today. It won't be anything fancy ,I'm just going to throw together some items I already have on hand. This thread looks so lonely I feel like it needs a little halloween terrarium love,

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Well, this is terrible. It's what happens when you decide you aren't going to spend any money and all and use only things you already have. I was going to go buy plants, only 2 and have one short and one tall. well then I decided I didn't want to spend any money and just use the baby tears I already had for my fairy garden. I also just used an old gold fish bowl I have had for years. I would prefer a container with a lid but again....using what I had. I couldn't keep the glare off the glass this time of day, may retake pics at night. probably not though because it isn't good enough to care lol There are actual live plants in there you just can't see them through the glare and the decorations. maybe mine is more of a halloween diorama than a terrarium:eek: hallowterra1.jpg hallowterra2.jpg hallowterra3.jpg

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I think it's very cute, disembodiedvoice! The difference between a Halloween terrarium and a diorama would be splitting hairs. You have some live stuff, and it's under glass, so IMO that qualifies as a terrarium.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Well, this is terrible. It's what happens when you decide you aren't going to spend any money and all and use only things you already have.
No. No. NO!! That is not terrible. That is adorable!!! I absolutely love it!!
That is a front yard worthy Halloween in miniature scene right there! Great job!!

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Well, this is terrible. It's what happens when you decide you aren't going to spend any money and all and use only things you already have. I was going to go buy plants, only 2 and have one short and one tall. well then I decided I didn't want to spend any money and just use the baby tears I already had for my fairy garden. I also just used an old gold fish bowl I have had for years. I would prefer a container with a lid but again....using what I had. I couldn't keep the glare off the glass this time of day, may retake pics at night. probably not though because it isn't good enough to care lol There are actual live plants in there you just can't see them through the glare and the decorations. maybe mine is more of a halloween diorama than a terrarium:eek: View attachment 241165 View attachment 241166 View attachment 241167
I LOVE it!! THose 2 mice on the bench are adorable!!

Not good enough?! Feel free to send it to me, but no live plants - I have a black thumb. :(

Reactions: disembodiedvoice

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
thanks guys, I guess it is terrible to me because it didn't work out quite like I had it envisioned in my head. I'm sure you know how that is. I love my little mice , they came in a set of three. I was on this big fairy garden kick this year and bought all these little accessories for different fairy garden scenes.
I can't wait to start seeing some other terrarium pics, I wanted to get things rollin'

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
thanks guys, I guess it is terrible to me because it didn't work out quite like I had it envisioned in my head. I'm sure you know how that is. '
Does anything every work out quite like you envision it? Never does for me. :D.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts