Halloween Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my Raven Manor Mausoleum this year. I added an 8" spacer to the upper story, crown molding, roof cap and bull nose to the stairs. I also added a ornamental security gate and door along with an animatronic zombie reaching thru the broken windows of the door. I'm building a second more elaborate Mausoleum that is slightly smaller but more ornate.

Attachments

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
I upgraded my Raven Manor Mausoleum this year. I added an 8" spacer to the upper story, crown molding, roof cap and bull nose to the stairs. I also added a ornamental security gate and door along with an animatronic zombie reaching thru the broken windows of the door. I'm building a second more elaborate Mausoleum that is slightly smaller but more ornate.
Looks fantastic! nice added detail and love the zombie!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Looks fantastic! We have a small yard but I'm contemplating a smaller mausoleum next year as the focal point of the yard. Not sure it will happen. what are the dimensions?

·
Undertaker
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had added a 1 1/2 square bull nose to the steps. You can see the before and after in the pics. I think It looks better with the edge added.

I also added a 3/4 x 3/4 bull nose to the spacer under the crown molding. I wasn't happy with the crown molding but due to time constraints I let it go. The crown molding was suppose to form a triangle like you see on the on the Supreme Court building minus the additional squares under the crown. Unfortunately the upper story was too small to handle the addition. I expect to remedied the problem in the new Mausoleum.

·
Undertaker
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks fantastic! We have a small yard but I'm contemplating a smaller mausoleum next year as the focal point of the yard. Not sure it will happen. what are the dimensions?
Roughly, 8' wide by 6' deep 10' tall......Its made to disassembly using deck screws and carriage bolts. The columns are made of paper tubes used for pouring cement columns. Special order contact paper is added to the outside to give it the marble look. The zombie action is from a wiper motor provided by Diabolik on a crankshaft made of PVC.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts