Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an idea for a pair of lights for outside the doorway of my mausoleum I'll be building..either battery or plug-in...any recommendations? What do you have? I was considering these , but gargoyle style would work...

·
Registered
591 Posts
go to HD or lowes and look at the outdoor yard lighting some of them look like that picture or get the landscape lighting add some details and a holder and you could have a custom light.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,068 Posts
I like the ones in your link, but checking out home improvement stores like daddywoof said would give you more variety.

You could use battery-operated tea lights or candles inside of a basic globe/scone if you don't do wiring... if you use the frosted glass, it would be a great look.

You could make gargoyle shapes out of paper maché or foam if you're handy with either, and incorporate a flicker candle in to that...

I made these for my crypt using cutesy store bought resin angels:

·
Registered
622 Posts
davy2, Home Depot (here in Canada) has these flicker wall sconces for $30-35 cdn. I don't believe they were terribly bright but I was thinking they'd be perfect for this purpose.

Inglow - Flickering Metal Wall Sconce with Frosted Glass - CG31206RB - Home Depot Canada

I remember seeing more versions/designs in store about a year ago but can only find this one on the Cdn HD website now. Unfortunately, I don;t see anything like in on the US site?!?!.

·
Registered
622 Posts
What?!?!? We have something in Canada that you don't have down there??? That's... uhm... er... WOW! Can't say I've ever heard that happen before! It's always the opposite. I'm not sure how to deal with that... happy, shocked, elated...

Hahaha!

Seriously though, I am sorry to hear that's the case as they looked like they woulda worked for you. :O(

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mr. Grimsley, hahah, yes it's true!
Daddy, I was just at Lowes, and also got the flyer, but did not see anything...
maybe I'll make some flame torches!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts