Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we made a mausoleum this year. Ran out of foam this year so used some panels painted as stone that we used in our jail display.
Anyhow, here's a pic of the lights.
There's a strobe light inside, and two black light light bulbs out front. The swinging girls eyes light up too.

So what you think of the light combo. Should outside lights go red instead? Should the strobe light inside be changed to a flood light instead? If so, what colours do you think would compliment the girl?

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
from the photos I don't think you need to waste the black lights,i'd use purple or blue lights instead, and since you didn't post video can't say if the strobe is needed.jm2c

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, looked at the bulbs currently in there. One is purple, the other is a black light. Will look for my other purple one to put in.

I am guessing two red bulbs would be too much,eh?

Didn't post a video as I'm not sure how as I don't have a YouTube account. Once I figure a way, I will post a short vid. In morning perhaps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks very good. Ive been wanting to build one for a while but getting married next year so after the wedding I'll be able to splurge on the hobby again. Hope youre able to make a video. Or even some more pictures.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Depends on the mood you're trying to set. Purple and blue give an ethereal, ghostly feel to scenes. Red make them look evil or demonic. Personally I like the purple :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The theme is cemetery and coffin sales, this year. Mausoleum will be in cemetery so ghostly look is desired.
Will stick with purple lights.

Thx all

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The purple lights we purchased few years back at Home Depot.
Yes the lights on the mausoleum were outdoor house lights. We changed ours on the house and kept these old ones specifically for this project.
I cut a computer power cord and spliced it with the wires for the light, then plugged the pc cord into a power bar to get the power.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts