Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on Mauly the pumpkin headed groundbreaker. She, which is looking more like a he (for now), will stand next to Cucur with other pumpkins scattered about.

She/he has been built in the same fashion as Cucur. PVC, newspaper, 9 and 16 gauge wire, paper mache but this time I used a Foam pumpkin head instead of making one from scratch.

You can see more pictures, than the one's below, at my website Gallery.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
NICE!!!! I see Cucur hanging out in the background. She should make a nice partner for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
i hope you post the finished pic , this thing looks awesome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
That looks awsome. Can I ask though, what did you use to make the rib cage. I'v been thinking of doing a pumpkin prop, but haven't figured out how I'll do the ribs yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Wow...I envy your workroom! How big is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Serpensphile... erm...that would be a 1/4 of my living room. I actually have a craft room but it's full of ummm... crapts... I mean crafts!! Heh!

HauntDaddy... LOL!!

Dr. Ghoul... if you pop over to my website Gallery you can see the other progress pics of her, so you can get an idea of the steps I take.
The ribs are made from 16 gauge wire with newspaper over the top. Basically I take a full sheet of newspaper, fold it 1/2" or roll it so that it would be rough 1/2" when flattened, run the wire through the center and scotch tape over the whole thing. The sternum and backbone are also folded newspaper with no wire, then just tape everything together. Once you put a few layers of mache over them, its pretty dang strong.

I made my foot roots for Cucur the same way, accept I did not flatten the newspaper, I twisted it over the wire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Worked on Mauly again this weekend. Got her arms finished and re-ridged her head, it was too smooth. I also bulked out her ribcage, it was too thin and made her look flat.

I'm going to add pigtails to her but I'm going to attempt to make them look like pumpkin guts. We will see how THAT goes.


 

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
Joined
·
7,566 Posts
She's just lovely.

I think the pigtails are going to look awesome. If you can't get them to look right as pumpkin guts, you might try molding a stem as a single ponytail to get the girl idea across... :D
 

·
sasquatch
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
Kimily, I am so impressed by your talent! Your work looks so great. Cucur and Mauly make a good pair.
 

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
Great job Kimily...

I love using pumkin heads like that too, although you're groundbreaker is far more impressive than anything I've done
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top