Halloween Forum banner

Mauly - pumpkin headed groundbreaker

6211 35
I'm working on Mauly the pumpkin headed groundbreaker. She, which is looking more like a he (for now), will stand next to Cucur with other pumpkins scattered about.

She/he has been built in the same fashion as Cucur. PVC, newspaper, 9 and 16 gauge wire, paper mache but this time I used a Foam pumpkin head instead of making one from scratch.

You can see more pictures, than the one's below, at my website Gallery.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Serpensphile... erm...that would be a 1/4 of my living room. I actually have a craft room but it's full of ummm... crapts... I mean crafts!! Heh!

HauntDaddy... LOL!!

Dr. Ghoul... if you pop over to my website Gallery you can see the other progress pics of her, so you can get an idea of the steps I take.
The ribs are made from 16 gauge wire with newspaper over the top. Basically I take a full sheet of newspaper, fold it 1/2" or roll it so that it would be rough 1/2" when flattened, run the wire through the center and scotch tape over the whole thing. The sternum and backbone are also folded newspaper with no wire, then just tape everything together. Once you put a few layers of mache over them, its pretty dang strong.

I made my foot roots for Cucur the same way, accept I did not flatten the newspaper, I twisted it over the wire.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,983 Posts
She's just lovely.

I think the pigtails are going to look awesome. If you can't get them to look right as pumpkin guts, you might try molding a stem as a single ponytail to get the girl idea across... :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.