Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a few tombstones that got beat up last year by wind and they have holes and gouges I want to patch. I seem to recall seeing grout filler would work? Is this correct? Any other suggestions, other than the spray foam? Thanks!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have used scrap pieces of styrofoam and elmers glue to roughly fix troubled areas and then I have shaped the area to match the surrounding prop. Depending on the damage I have also used paper mâché clay, great stuff, Durhams water putty and monster mud to fix troubled areas.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
I made the mistake of using the wrong glue on a foam tombstone and it literally ate away all the foam in a large section of it, leaving only a thin skin of monster mud and paint intact. I was able to fill the void with great stuff foam, then shave off the excess to save the stone. Might work in your case too, but you will probably have to repaint.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I build a tombstone I use Foam Board Adhesive (Imagine that LOL) you can purchase it at Lowe's and Home Depot. It wont melt the foam or damage it in any way (that's my opinion unless others have had a different outcome)
It comes in Blue color.
No reason you couldn't cut some pieces of new foam board and glue it in before doing a paint restoration?

·
Registered
181 Posts
i use great stuff for large holes, let is expand and trim what is excess. Then use wood or drywall putty to fill in the rest and sand it down to flat. then paint.

could it be used to add some wear and aging to the stones? might be a good starting point before you go back and fill it in.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts