Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve cast my monster clay sculpture in hydro cal, the mould making went fine, but now I’m trying to dig it out and I have a problem, I used an expanding foam core inside my monster clay that I made by spraying foam into a mannequins face, the foam was not soft but soft enough that I could squash it to remove it from the clay before digging the clay out or so I thought, it seems now though that the foam has continued to harden and is now like cement, ive broken several tools and kitchen utensils trying to dig it out, so now I’m trying to dissolve it using everbuild foam eater but it is not so much eating it as making a few mm of it squishy, so I’m wondering if anyone on here might be able to suggest something that might help get it out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I managed to fix this myself but if anyone else has a similar issue, here’s what I did.

1: put mold in shower (or sink) fill with hot water (the sexiest you can put your hands in).

2. wait for heat to soften clay.

3. grab that foam with your hand and start pulling, I found I could get my finger nails under it to begin prying it up from the underneath after a few good tugs.

4. after much pulling and prying, the foam core should come out, although not necessarily easily, then dump the water out, leave mould to drain out and the clay re-harden.

5. dig out monster clay.

6. used lighter fluid to clean out clay residue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts