Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I recently purchased the Dead Zombie corpse via ebay, I have to say, the pictures are not the same as the product. The level of detail in the Ebay pictures are crisp, clean and realistic detail. The paint job on mine is similar to a over seas prop you would find in Wal-Mart, smeared, no detail, looks like a gob of red paint was slopped on the mouth, covering the detail of the teeth, the eye was slopped with red paint which looks horrible. This was listed as NOT MASS PAINTED, but looks exactly like it came down a line... I can post pictures to show the comparison to what is shown on Ebay...definately a major difference, I dont think I would buy from them again. I have purchased CUSTOM props from Death Studios and others who specialize in detailed paint, a more realistic body (head on this is too small) and over all quality difference. The photos show the shop which looks very professional, unfortunately the deliverable was NOT what is shown.

Felt like I went to McDonalds drive thru...the pretty pictures show hamburgers stacked high with great stuff... a work of art...until you open the bag to see your smashed cheeseburger, wilted fries, etc...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ok here is what was POSTED AS WHAT YOU'LL GET....

Here is the REALITY OF WHAT IS SHIPPED...

The detail in the EBAY photos are great detail...mine is slopped, no detail, just as good as a china shipped prop... Compare the two...a HUGE difference in quality.... I would pass on these! THIS IS NOTHING LIKE WHAT IS STATED!!!! I dont even think its the same mold!

To be fairI tried to take a photo in the same pose as he did....match it to the 2 above...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well at this point, I feel as though I am stuck with it. I did leave appropriate feedback for him, and I am hoping that no one here gets suckered into buying this crap that he blaitantly lies about. Don is a member here also and really should be ashamed at the product he puts out. The pictures that are displayed are A FRAUD! I am just glad I have the ability to share my experience with the rest of the community. I will be posting another topic about this Merchant so if anyone else is deciding to buy from twistedvision they will think twice.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Funny, I thought the same thing... I think at this point the photos speak for themselves...and if someone DOES order from him, they'll know what to expect...cant say we didnt warn um...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow!! I hope you get a refund, because that looks nothing like the picture he's using
to sell his " Custom hand painted Props"...... these look like they came from China!
File a claim with Paypal and get your $$$ back.....

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
I agree, the molds do look different, especially in the shoulder area. The blood in the pic looks shiny, but the one you actually got is probably flat paint, not gloss, which i am surprised at. The black highlights on the "fake" picture are crisp, clean, and add to the prop. On the one that you got, it looks like someone used a cheap airbrush, with the nozzle opening set to a diameter that is too wide, making thick lines. It looks very unprofessional, and in my opinion, looks worse than something you would get from China (eg. Spirit, Walmart, etc.) Granted, Spirit's product pictures also look much better than the actual product, but then again, they actually are mass-produced and painted, and are usually cheaper than what meltdown bought.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
I have known Don for several years, and seen many of his works. I even own a few.

What you show does not even look like he painted it! I would think you bought a copy if you hadn't said exactly where you got it from.

I'm truly surprised to see that poor quality from Don! All of his work that I've seen before looks exactly like the photos he uses on eBay, usually you get the one in the picture.

I just called Don to ask what the heck happened. Had to leave a message, when he calls back I'll post what he says about it.

Don is a great guy, and I've never known him to cut corners or rip off anyone!
He is a busy, hardworking, respectable family man, and if you are having trouble contacting him, I'm certain that it is not because he's avoiding you.

He doesn't run a big shop, he does his prop and mask-making in his basement and garage. He does sometimes get help from others, maybe you ended up with one that someone else painted.

Don knows that word of mouth is his best advertising, and he has worked hard to build up a good reputation. I'm sure he will do his best to make this right.

·
Registered
313 Posts
In Don's defense, he wrote me again to let me know that he changed the pictures and edited his listings on Ebay(have not looked though) That took alot of b*lls. Ill give him props for that. He also offered me a refund and said he did not want to rip anyone off. I may just take him up on that to get the one that was listed on Ebay. He also said that business has "taken off" so I guess "there is no bad advertisment". Ill wait to hear from him as to what he wants to do as I will gladly retract what I have said once I recieve the product I ordered.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
That sounds like good progress to me. There is no question in my mind that Don is in the wrong by selling products that don't match the pictures he places on eBay. It's inexcusable and his claims about molds and doing the best he can are pointless. However, I think it could have been handled better from the buyers end too. Contacting the selling and trying to achieve a reasonable resolution is always preferable to just getting mad. If he's offering a full refund including return shipping it's hard to demand anything more.

I do hope he modifies his auctions going forward to prevent this happening again. All of his current auctions have unchanged pictures and descriptions.

He may be buried in orders but there is indeed such a thing as bad publicity and that's doubly true when one starts accumulating negative feedback on eBay.

One last thing I'm compelled to mention... Don would be much better served by working on his spelling and grammar. It's hard to take an auction (especially for these kinds of dollar values) seriously when it looks like that. His posts in the other thread were tough to read and even harder to give credence too due to the spelling and grammar.

JMHO

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
There is much more to the situation than what is being said here, but per Dons request, I'll leave matters alone.

I will say that I have no questions at all about Dons integrity.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Follow up

Don has shipped me a NEW zombie that I am completely satisfied with. He sent it to me at NO cost, and even told me to keep the one previously sent (which saved me shipping)! He included a bottle of Latex and fake blood. I think that took "alot" to send out a new one after these flaming posts. He really stepped up to the plate and honored his reputation as a seller!
I am satisfied with the result and I have removed the photos from the posts. I do believe Don is a good guy and this quite possibly could have been a fluke. Ill give Don the benefit of the doubt as he went over and above to make things right.

Lurks in the Shadows: There is NOTHING more than what has been stated here. I have shown and posted EVERYTHING that has happened so please dont try to imply that I am hiding/changing information to make my claim look more in my favor (or whatever your trying to imply)

Don has made good on his product and I thank him for that. I have no problem saying that Im wrong, if im wrong. I want the forum to know that Don has went over and above to make this situation right! Thanks Don!!

Melty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts