Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you're all set to begin your corpsing and you start thinking to yourself "damn I'm almost out of brushes! I need to remember to get some more." Well if this is you I have a tip that will make your brushes last a bit longer.

An art instructor gave me this bit of advise at the University of Montana yesterday and I just thought I would pass it along. I tried it today... It works (Somewhat, but better than doing nothing)

Before you begin dunking your brush into liquid latex and generously applying it to your skull, skele or what ever you want to foul up try dunking your brush into water.

I know simple right? Well it works ok. but what I found out is that it works better than ok when you finish and take your brush to the sink and put a few drops of good dish soap on the brush and run your nails over and through the bristles. I managed to get most if not all of the latex out of my brush doing this. So I have finally found a way to make my brushes last longer than one or two applications. Water first (instructors Idea) then latex and finish with dish soap and water (my Idea) worked like a charm.

Don't know if you already knew this but hey I haven't seen anything on here about it. :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
thanks for the tip...
I have a big issue with throwing away brushes at all!!! So hopefully this will help...
I just unrolled a bag of cotton balls while watching TV last night cuz I wanna corpse some dollar store funkins so I will be trying this out shortly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
xrockonx911
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing