Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is she coming out with a magazine this year? I could have swore they always had a street date of September...

·
Registered
462 Posts
I saw it too at a checkout stand. thumbed through it quickly and didn't see anything that grabbed me. Looked like it wasn't a special Halloween edition. The majority of the content is probably reused from past years much like her Halloween craft merchandise. She has really crapped out for Halloween the past few years too. When was the last time she came out with Halloween craft punches?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, this will be the first year she hasn't had a dedicated Halloween edition... I thought this was her besting selling magazine?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
i think a lot of halloween mags are feeling the hit...they are simply republishing the same stuff year after year. They need to step it up and put out some NEW stuff. They should use this board for inspiration!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am a subscriber year round, and received the magazine that wickedwillingwench described. The front side is regular Martha, but turn it over and flip it around and wa-la her Halloween edition.

I flipped through it quickly and it seemed heavy on the homemade costumes, which is fine. But it is not the earth shattering Halloween gooodies galore of past martha glory.

Can we agree Halloween is taking a big hit this year?

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Hey, cut Martha some slack. Just like a lot of us, she's getting up there in age, only natural for her to cut back .....

·
Registered
343 Posts
I personally think that several stores and magazines just phoned it in this year for Halloween. The Martha Stewart issue is not even HALF Halloween. It's like...1/6th of the magazine or something sad like that. I bought the BH&G and the Sandra Lee issues and got burned, because they were both pitiful as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I personally think that several stores and magazines just phoned it in this year for Halloween. The Martha Stewart issue is not even HALF Halloween. It's like...1/6th of the magazine or something sad like that. I bought the BH&G and the Sandra Lee issues and got burned, because they were both pitiful as well.

Le sigh. Good thing I saved all her halloween back issues. They are nice to look through to get into the spirit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's very disappointing this year :/

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I've been looking at magazines with Halloween content for the last month or so. The Better Homes and Gardens Halloween Tricks & Treats is the best I've seen this year, but it focuses more on children's parties which I enjoy. The October issue of Martha Stewart Living was the only other magazine I bought. Loved the pumpkin carvings. The crafts made more sense after I looked at the additional information on the website. Both issues offered new ideas. I'm confused as to comments that it's a rehash of previous issues. Last year's was, but this year's wasn't. While at Joann Fabrics, I looked at the Mathew Mead's Halloween Spooktaclular. I'd not seen it before. I may go back and buy it. I, like others here, enjoy revisiting my Halloween magazine collection each year. Not sure if there will be another Martha Stewart Halloween issue, but I can hope. :)

Lisa

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey, cut Martha some slack. Just like a lot of us, she's getting up there in age, only natural for her to cut back .....
No! No slack! Do you know how many minions that woman must have working for her?! If I had half as many as she does, I'd be unstoppable and would have them designing their little Halloween hearts out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts