Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I posted a couple questions during our build but wanted to get the end result uploaded. It took my girlfriend and myself about 2 months of working a couple hours here and there to create all of the props and we already have more plans for this halloween. I hope you enjoy and please feel free to ask questions.

Here is the final result. I will put the build pics in the following posts.

·
Registered
995 Posts
That's a really cracking display there. Love your foam EPS pumpkins and the columns - have you made the foam cutter yourself?
The gravestones are fab as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Amazing! Love it so much.

How did you connect your fencing to each column? I have a similiar setup and used small right angle brackets with screws and I am not happy with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a really cracking display there. Love your foam EPS pumpkins and the columns - have you made the foam cutter yourself?
The gravestones are fab as well.
Thank you!
Yes we made the foam cutter, I was not a fan of it though and we ended up making a larger one that was stationary for cutting foam down for the tombstones. We ended up using a curry comb to shape down the foam into pumpkins and the columns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amazing! Love it so much.

How did you connect your fencing to each column? I have a similiar setup and used small right angle brackets with screws and I am not happy with it.
Since the columns were hollow inside. I took a 16" piece of conduit. Heated up the ends and made a jig to square them off. Then I drilled a hole through the columns, and used spray foam to glue them in place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did this guy get finished and displayed? I didn't see it in the video and was interested in how it might have turned out.
Good catch , they did not make it in this year because we ran out of time and ended up doing singing pumpkins instead. They are definitely on the list to complete this year though. I will post updates on them as I go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW! Excellent work you two. Did you have anyone 'stray' off your path into your cemetary? One of the biggest issues I use to have would be parents letting their small children run through my grave yard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW! Excellent work you two. Did you have anyone 'stray' off your path into your cemetary? One of the biggest issues I use to have would be parents letting their small children run through my grave yard.
Luckily there were only one or two kids that tried to. The biggest issue was people entering from the driveway instead of through the cemetery entrance. So this year we are going to work on a lighted enter and exit sign

·
Registered
429 Posts
Where did you get all of the foam blocks?
That is going to vary by location. You can check any stores that sell trailers. Also I guess Lowes/Tractor Supply have them but people say you have to ask. For example, I have a trailer sales & service store near me that advertises periodically on Craigslist that they have them for pickup during business hours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts