Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started working on my 3-axis skull project that I didn't get to work on last year. Now, I'm tempted to pull out all the HW stuff and just make the garage my workshop for good, and moving all the stuff in the garage in storage where the HW stuff is stored.

Our new house is much smaller than the last, so the garage is useless for cars anyway. ;-)

Anyone else kick into gear around March every year like me?

I'm going to rework my MIB too. Needs some pizazz.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Ahh I love March. It's maddness where I come from. You should make your garage a workshop. I'm starting to do that in my basement. my shed it to full of Halloween things to even set a three steps in the door. Keep us posted on your projects.

·
Registered
594 Posts
March is definitely go-time around here too... and Jaybo and I just decided to turn the garage into a full time Halloween workshop as well - skip the cars, thats what hail-damage insurance is for, right?

Only 244 days left, (minus the fact that we usually put everything up around Oct 1, so that leaves roughly 214 days.........ack!!!) :D

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
LOL!! Saturday I finally got all the Halloween stuff put away and the car back in the garage, so I need to wait a bit before I turn it into a workshop

·
Registered
725 Posts
Just in general I need to get out of my house. Im done with winter. We still have a couple feet of snow, but I check the weather report sometimes twice a day. Looks like we have two days this week that are above freezing! Woo hoo!

But in light of that, as soon as I start seeing 40 degree weather I have so much to do in the garage, including preparing it for a garage sale. The goal is to get rid of tons of junk to make room for halloween and house projects.

·
Registered
916 Posts
We get going around March here as well. Part of that is that I am not allowed to talk about Halloween until March because of the way I obsess about it the other months. The wife needs a little Halloween down time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sadly enough, I don't have a garage, so my computer room now has all of my supplies for prop building, plus some props that I am in the process of building. =) I think that the prop building will pick up in pace once the weather warms, but I've been working on small things since the end of Jan >=)

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Its still too cold here in chicago to get started. I need it to be a little warmer but i have started on my resident evil dogs. Once it hits Aprilish i can usually count on the temps being more steady.

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
Wow I guess I don't realize how lucky some of us are to have garages and such I couldn't do half the stuff I do in the house that I do in the garage!!!! My garage is Halloween/wood shop no car.. and basement is prop storage and work shop for R/C trucks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh yeah. My husband's been planning Halloween stuff since last Halloween, I needed a few months break from the whole holiday "thing". But I'm back "on" now...and ordered our first props for this year's party this week. I'm working on our "corpse buffet" menu, as well as the invitation plan and we've already got the house loosely divided into zones for our Haunted Hospital theme (on paper). Hubby spent the better part of last month building light bars for our "bar".

We have a whole list of props we need for this year, both inside for the party, and outside for the trick-or-treaters. It seems like we always run out of time when we start later, so hopefully by starting *now*, we'll have time to get a lot more done!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yup nicer weather moving in so yesterday I got another Garden Arch for $ 10 from Ole Time Pottery to add to our newly expanded backyard trail. Gonna creep it out a bit(and hang a sign on it) and it should help to direct the trail traffic into the cedar woods. This way they will know where to enter at that point.I may put it out this weekend. Good price if anybody is looking for a cemetery arch or trail entrance arch. You can hang lights on it if need be.

·
crossfit zombie
7,453 Posts
my halloween stuff is pretty much taking up 2 closets and a out building.But my hubby is building me my very own building with heat and electricity.He already has most of the trees down and he went and borrowed a tractor to work on the dirt this weekend.What a great guy!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I thought that last year I was doing well starting in August, boy was I wrong. This year, it slowed down a bit in Nov and Dec. then in Jan I started planning pretty hard. I've built my lightning controller kit this week. I'm also working on the project on this site for the gravepopper. I've also got a bunch of other stuff planned out.

I really hope that I can get half of what I want to do done. If so, this will be a really good year!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts