Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I put together a Man in the Box costume and thought I would share how i did it. I am fairly frugal so I used what I had lying around the garage. I ended up spending $4.26 at Goodwill for the pants. Let me know what you think. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D

This is the finished product

Slide1.jpg

I used ordinary pegboard for the support to which I attached a piece of PVC using zipties

Slide6.jpg Slide7.jpg

Next I attached a styrofoam wig head to the PVC. No glue needed. I added 2 pieces of scrap styrofoam for shoulders and shaped them using my hotwire foam cutter. My foam cutter is just a soldering iron with a long piece of copper wire from some 12-2 romex replacing the original wire on the gun.

Slide10.jpg Slide9.jpg Slide3.jpg

Next I used an old tote bin for my box but you could use and old box. As you see it does not have to be very large. Just cut a hole in the bottom for your legs and butt to fit through.

Slide11.jpg

Next I ziptied the pegboard to the tote bin

Slide5.jpg

Using plastic grocery bags and packing tape I made arms and taped them to the styrofoam shoulders.

Slide4.jpg

Using an old Michael Myers mask I had and some sunglasses got the costume ready for clothing.

Slide8.jpg

I stuffed the mask with plastic bags to fill up the voids. Pulling the hood up covers the opening in the back of the mask. I used hot glue to attach the gloves to the tote bin and just saftey pinned the arms into the gloves.

Slide2.jpg

Lastly I stuffed the pantlegs and safety pinned some old Chuck Taylor sneakers to the ends. Tied the top of the pants and pop-riveted them to the tote bin. I followed a suggestion I saw online when I designed the costume to help "sell" it. I kept the hooded figure in one color and myself in a contrasting color. This helps it look like 2 distinctly separate people.

Slide1.jpg

Hope you all have a great Halloween!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts