Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well over $8???

I really didn't like the last 24 I ordered. They were $6 and change. $8 is outrageous for such skulls. Are they fazing them out with barney skulls?

Really I can't say enough about how great 2nd and 1st quality skulls look compared with the 4th quality. I'm working on a static prop of a 2nd quality skull. I'm sealing it now. It looks REAL! I'm tempted to send it to Nancy Grace! lol

My impression is sales in general are down. Since a lot of this stuff is made in China they're hurting as well over there. Could the bucky be on the way out is my question?

The skeletons only jumped a few bucks but the skulls went way beyond reason as far as I am concerned. They brought back the bones but eliminated a lot of other things.

I think I'm on the same page with a lot of other people. The new skeletons have potential but the heads need modification(eye sockets). The hands and feet might even need to be replaced or adapted. Suddenly a $44 prop becomes $47...replace a few things and I guess you should just buy a Bucky if they're not about to be discontinued.

The bucky skulls are a disappointment. I did have some ideas for them but not at such a price.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Buckys have jumped in the past 8 months. I remember seeing them for 100.00 shipped last september and now there are rounding the 115.00 shipped range. What kills me is what people are charging for a half bucky torso w/o arms. I mean its damn near the price of a full bucky. So i learned my lesson and will never buy a torso again its just more economical to buy a full bucky.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can get 1 Bucky for under $100. A torso for about $55. But $8 and change for a skull? I thought this time of the year would be when they were begging for business? It's just not a good price point, retailwise. 4th quality anything is not retail ready to begin with. So I doctor them up. I'm not talking anything outrageous with animation, just painted if you will. Call it inclusive or obtainable. I mean they're not even giving me a discount if I order 10,000! I realize they would but you'd figure if you ordered a case of skulls(12) you'd get some kind of discount.

Think I'll be shopping around for a "new" skeleton store. Maybe some company makes them in Mexico? I don't mean buckies but their own design? Or just maybe I need to start manufacturing my own.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
The torso i bought was 55 but then i had to buy the arms which were another 30 so in the end i should have just spent the extra 20 bucks and got the whole thing. I see them now selling for 65 and up.

·
Registered
591 Posts
There plastic made from chemicals/petroem so as gas goes up so does plastic.But yes scraps shouldn't cost that much.there 4th's made from parts that don't make it as 1-3's,so what are they going to do with them if we don't buy them?

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They eventually give in is what I'm thinking. They have to realize the us economy is not very good right now. Don't bite the hand of the skull that feeds you. Like you correctly pointed out they're scraps that are Frankensteined together to make a product out of materials you'd otherwise discard. They are what they are as they say. Basically the bottom line right now is coming out at $10 a pop. My last 2 dozen were noticably broadjawed which is looks like it was molded from that show "American Dad". To me that's very unappealing and my customers it would seem agreed. In order to work with such a skull again I'm gonna have to shave, heat and reshape the lower jaws. To me that alone doesn't make them worth $10 when I try to turn around and sell it for me. At that point I'm looking for a 1st quality skull to mold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts