Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for examples of FCG puppets that are male or masculine in style. I tried to search around here on the board but couldn't find anything. I am going to have a pair of FCG's in my front 2 windows, and I was thinking that I want to have a male and female pair, and am looking for ideas on how to convey the idea of a man or male ghost without a body. It can't get too heavy because I'm not sure how much my motors can pull, but there definitely better than a mirror ball motor.

any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
First I would get a male foam head, you can find them on ebay, but if you'd rather you could use a skull (they're usually cheaper). And instead of draping cheesecloth over the head you could attach a white top hat or something of a similar nature.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is there a particular time period you are wanting the ghosts to be from? I like the tophat idea, but you do need to be careful about the weight of the items you place on the ghost. For a victorian male ghost, make the tophat out of felt. Might be nice to go with a dark grey and highlight the edges of the hat with UV paint. a lightweight silk vest with an ascot would work well too.

For a more modern ghost, try using a lightweight silk blouse and a tie. With the bottom torn up, it could have a cool look.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I never heard of a male FCG but I really like that idea. Please post pics when you finish them I would love to see how it comes out. I think Giles and Seemingly innocent had great ideas for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the theme is a haunted hotel, and I think we are going for sort of a 20's/30's time period, though its not TOO specific. I was thinking of a hat when I was writing this but wanted to see what everyone said. I think the hat and vest will work best... I just hope its not too much weight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you go for the shirt/vest idea, don't double up layers of fabric. you can attache the vest to the shirt and remove the shirt material that doesn't show. The reason i said to use a silk blouse is because the silk material will be much lighter than a typical cotton shirt. With some distressing you can hide the shinyness of the fabric. A bellboy ghost could be intersting and they wore those cool pillbox hats then. He would be cool. Put some old luggage at the base of him and have a looping audio saying "Please come this way" "Welcome to the Yadayada Hotel" etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Giles,

Great Idea, however I am going to be a zombie bellhop already. And I was pretty much going for more of a "hotel guest" type impression. I am going to make a trip to the fabric store soon enough, and my thought is maybe to do JUST a vest, and then I need to find one of those light thin plastic party/costume tophats... maybe even the kind covered in white glitter. [haunted mansion??]

i'll be sure to take pics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't made much progress yet, still building the FCG frames first. However I did pick up a very light white plastic tophat. I am crossing my fingers it glows under black light.

I am limited on budget and time now, so my plan is to buy or make a light vest, and do a standard FCG treatment underneath that... form something of a collar and arms... I will be sure to post pictures when I get it all set up/done. There will be a female in one window and a male in the other.

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
You could actually use all cheese cloth and make a vest, jacket and shirt out of it. Micheals sells foam hats which are even lighter than thhe plastic ones. Use poly fil to "buf" him up a little (tghat is what I used on my werewolf) and it is light. You could use a male styro-foam head or just square off a regular one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts