Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I am doing a Scary Tales theme and want one of my rooms to be Under the Sea and have Ursula sitting at a table with some of the characters dead on a plate like this photo. 31bc0ccab9bf7364d9ad850cf684133a.jpg
I am not very advanced when it comes to sculpting or making things but am willing to try and put many many days of work into it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to go about making this. The best I can come up with is take a hallow mannequin & head and add clay or paper mache to it.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
If your going to try and do her tentacles here's a how to thst I used last year....worked great

http://m.instructables.com/id/OctopiWallStreet-big-cheap-tentacles/?ALLSTEPS

attachment-3.jpeg Here's mine, sorry the pic is so dark.

For the head and body I would do exactly as you said. Start with a wig head (should run about $3 at hobby lobby after your coupon) then add bulk with whatever medium u feel comfortable using (I'd use paper mache clay...I'll try to link u a recipe)...for the body u might do a duct tape body form if you have a larger person willing to help u (but u will need some sort of pvc structure inside to hold the head up).

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I just thought about her dishes too...for flounder, get a stuffed flounder toy 4c5b9da6f0b37b07e8bbd5dd7bb0b095.jpg cut it in half and remove the stuffing...now replace the stuffing with Great Stuff Foam Insulation (about $3 a can at walmart), you'll also need a bottle of black craft paint, white and a red....and maybe a fake bone if u want it to look like the pic....

Here's mine from 2 years ago, if u go to my zombie album I give a brief howto....the key is deflating/agitating the foam a bit
attachment-4.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts