Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I used house wiring for the arms, since I have access to scraps. You could use coat hangers though, that's what I used for the legs.

Really I just wound the paper towels around the wires to pad them, hot gluing as I went. Some I also used twine to wrap around to give a vine look. Some I used duct tape on the ends of fingers and foot to form root like claws. I then wound everything again in strips of walmart bags, then used a heat gun to corpse that.. Basically melting the plastic on. From there I painted them black, then used burnt umber and gave them a good coat. Once dry, then dry brushed with mossy paint, once dry hit the tops with a gray. That's it ..I use these under a covered area. If out in the weather, you'd want to poly them well!! Figure out where you want the arms and legs mounted. Once the pumpkins are carved, use a just big enough drill bit to make holes, insert arms and legs.

Voila .. Pumpkin monsters! I put these in my haunted pumpkin patch along side my singing pumpkins, kids love them.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'm glad you all like them. The nice thing about using wire if you have access to it, is the fingers remain bendable and can hold light objects too.

Those are great! What do you mean by "poly"?
Rick, water based polyurethane. If I was going to use these in the weather, I'd coat them really well a couple of times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Skeleton crew these are wickedly cool!!!

Our major West Aussie supermarket chain is selling halloween pumpkins for only the second year ever, but at $3 AUS a kilo, they're not moving too fast! I can see these ending up on my paper mache pumpkins... with pride!

Thanks for a great tute... love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts