Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a fright props dc motor left over from last year. Trying to use it to open and shut the top on a constant basis. Biggest thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out the linkage and attaching it to the lid. Thanks & Happy haunting to all!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
What's the RPM? Is there a linkage already (like a wiper motor)? Do you think it has enough torque to open the lid? Maybe a pic of both the motor and the coffin?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the FP dc motors, too. I did a similar mount last year and mounted the motor to the outside of the box, but it should work inside as well. My motor was mounted horizontal to the floor and there was a linkage that attached to the arm. The linkage accepts a threaded rod and it is the rod that pushes the prop up and down. You can also go to frightprops.com and there are lots of PDF and "how to" in their support section. In your picture I don't see the linkage that I have, so you would have to attach a rod or a piece of 1x1 to the arm, mount the motor onto the body of the coffin, and as the motor turns the rod/stick would move up / down. Make the necessary adjustments for length to allow the rod/stick to force open the coffin lid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts