Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE: Check post #7 by Halstaff. His foam idea is faster and easier.

So my wife and I started making our candles this week. I found some black LED tea lights so I made some black. Now I'm sure a lot of us will be making some so I thought I would post how I held the tea lights in place. I cant remember who it was that got great stuff foam all over his arms and hands, so I hope this will help others that are doing them for the first time? This is easy and you might already have what you need?

First I lined up the tea light to the out side of my PVC pipe and marked it, then drilled some small holes (sorry don't remember the bit size) on each side and pushed in some toothpicks and cut the ends off, you can then use the glue to cover up the holes and keep them from moving.

·
Registered
181 Posts
nice! i did the great stuff method last year and it wasn't bad... just had to cut them and let it sit and cut the extra off. that being said i think i will trey it this way this year. Thanks for the pictures and method.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Those black candles look great!

When I made my PVC candles a few years ago, I would cut a ring (about 1/2" wide) of the same PVC the candle was made of. Then cut off about 1/2" of the "circle". Squeezed it closed and slid it inside the candle just far enough to where the tealight could sit level on it. This might work for you, or maybe use this idea and glue your toothpicks on the lip of the ring. Then you wouldn't have to drill any holes.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
202 Posts
I bought piping insulation and cut it off every four inches..this way I can stuff it up the candle to hold the tea light but also remove it easy to turn on/off the tea lights

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, but Halstaff's foam idea was way better then my tooth pick idea. I used the foam and its a lot faster.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We used a drill and made two holes on each side of the cylinder, roughly parallel, and then pushed lengths of coat hanger through the holes. We cut the ends flush, and once covered with the hot glue drips, the wire made a perfect support for the tea lights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts