Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,468 Posts
Nifty! I love using found/free stuff for prop building. Paper maché is such an awesome medium (check out PumpkinRot if you haven't already!!)

I think the hand turned out pretty nice and would look really cool to have a few of these to breaking up from the ground and even extend out a bit more using a few arm like branches and ripped up sleeves even...

I am interested in seeing the skin texture you were mentioning at the end. I would try dry-brushing (can look it up for a tutorial) using a lighter color palette (pale green maybe some light tan and even a bit of greenish gray) and either a rough brush/sponge to add depth/dry brush texture, but can "knock down" the texture if it's too much using a clean sponge or even lightly poncing with a dry cloth.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
I commented (and subscribed) on your video, but I'll post here too. Try latex and shop towel for skinning props some time. Almost the exact same technique as paper mache, but weatherproof and you can sculpt in details like wrinkles and warts. I use it extensively on my props. Great tutorial. I have issues with the sound of my own voice and speaking clearly so I do text and music for most of mine. lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am interested in seeing the skin texture you were mentioning at the end.
Thanks those are some great ideas. I am working on another project with that skin texture I talked about. Haven't finished it yet but basically the idea was making some fake skin I saw mainly out of glue. Hopefully it turns out. Thanks for your other painting suggestions I will be sure to try and improve my painting. I am not good at that or picking the right colors.

·
Super Moderator
5,812 Posts
I commented (and subscribed) on your video, but I'll post here too. Try latex and shop towel for skinning props some time. Almost the exact same technique as paper mache, but weatherproof and you can sculpt in details like wrinkles and warts. I use it extensively on my props. Great tutorial. I have issues with the sound of my own voice and speaking clearly so I do text and music for most of mine. lol
I was a big fan of the latex/paper towel for a long time, but have moved on to Mr Chicken's method of just soaking material in paint. I've used everything from paper towel to scrap fabric.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was a big fan of the latex/paper towel for a long time, but have moved on to Mr Chicken's method of just soaking material in paint. I've used everything from paper towel to scrap fabric.
Thanks I have some of that paint laying aorund the house too, So I will for sure try this. Thank you so much for showing me this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts