Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of doing a smaller scene for my haunt this year as my son is getting married Oct. 23 (not halloween themed btw, who's son is he?). I enter a yard decorating contest and am defending my 2 year in a row championship. So I'm doing a graveyard theme in my front yard and thought a tunnel of some sort along my sidewalk would be cool, different and spooky. So... any tips on doing this in a budget friendly way, perhaps using small trees as the "walls" with some sort of support underneath? No big bash for Halloween for me sadly however my sisters and I are driving to Salem Mass. for Halloween and donning our Sanderson Sisters costumes. Can't wait! Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yes, if anyone has a lead on where to get the full-sized horse skeleton I would be eternally grateful!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I am thinking about something similar for my driveway with pvc as a frame and 9x12 canvas drop cloths as walls. Still in the fleshing out stage

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Wherever you set up think ahead about how you can anchor the frame so winds won’t topple it. If you have lawn/flower bed around it you can always pound rebar into the ground and anchor the frame to it. Not so easy working to stabilize one on a concrete driveway. I had that challenge to try to work out when I was trying to create a tunnel that would be turned into a submarine that would sit on my driveway. Turned out harder than I thought and went that year with another theme. Best advice is to start as early as you can so you can thoroughly test it out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh yes, if anyone has a lead on where to get the full-sized horse skeleton I would be eternally grateful!
How about using beef netting ( I have not used it, so I'm not sure on its name) to create a giant spider web tunnel. There's lots of YouTube videos of people who use the net as webbing.
You could use PVC pipe to create for small trees that could be staked into the ground with rebar and then the webbing could be strung from the faux trees.
You could have prop people trapped in the webbing. Spiders that raise and lower if you create a triggered walk plate of some kind.
And you really would need to have a giant spider somewhere in the mix. Perhaps a wolf spider I think those are the ones who create tunnels.
But I don't think you need to get that technical most people wouldn't know what kind of spiders create tunnels.
Check out YouTube there's tons of ideas that would work for you I'm sure.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have been thinking about doing this, I have seen several you tube vidoes and pinterest articles on them. They generally refer to Christmas lights. Look on youtube under PVC light tunnel. They are generally made from PVC pipes so I don't know if those would support tarps or beef netting maybe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts