Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm pretty sure my costume this year is far cooler then any costume I've had in the past, but it's missing something....

Just so you guys know, my costume is Master Chief from a video game called Halo (Check my avatar). Also from the game is a weapon called the, "Energy Sword." That's what I'm trying to craft.

Any ideas on what to make it with? The sword should be about 3 feet (36 inches) long and 1 foot (12 inches) wide. ALSO, it should be about half an inch or so thick. I want to use a durable material, but I'm unsure where to start. Anyone have any ideas???

Here is a picture of the sword from the game!

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
you can try to use some thin card board and craft foam... maybe mache...

is it supposed to glow? cause if it is you could make it so you can put glow sticks in it ....

just my thoughts, if i come up with something better ill let you know :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D OK i made the sword! I've been sick today so that's really all I've been working on. I'll post a picture or two of the finished product later tonight!

·
Registered
20 Posts
405th is the major costume making site for Master Chief and Spartan permutations. It's pretty crazy what people can make out of home. You should check it out, it's as real as they get.

I assume you got the Rubies costume? That's what it looks like in the picture. I haven't seen many pictures of theirs yet though, I was wondering how good they were. Which edition did you buy?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice! Hahaha, makes me want one. Maybe I'll buy one after the season is over when it is (hopefully) half off. Hehehe, already bought a creature to be this year.

By the way, I like the energy sword for sale by Master Replicas, however it isn't licensed (not sure if that matters, just mentioning it) and is too small to look too great with a costume. Nice little (err, large) desktop replica though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts