Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to make a Costco skeleton that i corpsed stand up in a reaching out pose in my grave yard. I was wondering if any one has done this and what is the best way to hold it up while making it look like its up on its own? I was thinking of using rebar in the ground and zip tie to the legs and use some flat metal bar painted black to hold the joints from moving. Any suggestions? Or should i not even try? lol it sounds like a bad idea to me but i wanna give it a shot at least.

Also here is my skeleton i corpsed, its was my first time :D

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have used a 4ft section of electrical conduit painted black. Conduit is pretty cheap and easy to cut. I pound it into the ground with a hammer and zip tie starting with the leg and up to the spine. If the Skelton has rags on like creepy cloth or tattered clothes, you can hide the pole. Even if you can't hide it, you cant see it at night. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I attach a block of wood inside an old brake rotor and drill a hole in it for a 4' long piece of 1/2" conduit. Paint the whole thing flat black and attach a skeleton or whatever. The black stand virtually disappears in the dark.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Our ground is so hard especially at this time of year and also due to our drought that I already know that pounding anything into the ground would be fruitless. So I have to resort to a stand of some kind.

Here's what I'm going to try doing. I have the cast iron Tiki Brand tiki bases that I thought I could insert a pole into. It has a thumb screw at the bottom to tighten in place. Figured I'd zip tie the skeleton onto the pole. Since the cast iron can rust and leave marks thought I would wrap it in black plastic or something like that to avoid that situation. The pole either black PVC or maybe wood rod wrapped in landscape fabric for a quick masking of it.

If need be we have some concrete half blocks I can use inserted down over the pole to the base to weigh it down....we'll see.

I've used umbrella bases in the past for things like this.

@@Dangleman, excellent first corpsing! Very nice coloring on it too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts