Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this...

After struggling to get the right glow on my cheesecloth, using rit whitener vs. liquid laundry detergent, I hit upon an idea.
My monster/FGC is looking good with the glowing under blacklight (needs more cloth & color variation, but still looking good). Now the problem is that all my hard work on the face/hands is pretty much wasted under the blacklight...they don't show up well at all. Since I hate the look of florescent paint and glow-in-the-dark paint is way too bright (and horribly yellow), what do I do?

I mixed some white latex paint with some liquid laundry detergent (approx. 1 part paint to 2 parts soap), gently dabbed it on a test subject, and VOILA!!! I get virtually the same blue-ish glow as I do on my chessecloth, but very subdued...just enough to make the object noticeable and visible, but not enough to ruin the scare-factor!!!
Once it was dry, I rubbed my fingers on it to see if it would come off. It didn't, but I wouldn't trust it under damp or wet conditions. SO, I sprayed flat varnish on it to seal it. Works great! I may need to re-do my corpsing a bit, but the end result will be more than worth it.

Next I'll try putting some in a spray bottle (since the mixture is quite watery) and lightly mist some onto Vincent and see how it works. Based on my previous tests, I'm confident it'll be great.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this with you guys and gals, since I'm sure it will have a million applications. Happy Haunting!!! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts