Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering doing some street performing in the future, and I am interested in being a variety of characters. One of them being is a mutant from the film "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

I've debated rather I should go with a mask or wear make-up. I've shopped around online, and the cheapest website I found that could custom make a mutant mask for me is willing to accept $500.00. Needless to type, I am now considering make-up. I know someone who is quite good at applying make-up, but I was wondering if anyone could offer tips on how to approach this project. Here are some pictures of the look I am going for -

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would consider a sheer whole head sock and layer latex with some tissue paper or thin cloth strips in it as you build it up.
That would give you the chance to bury some of the paint (paint is going to sell it) under the skin surface.

It would probably look better directly on the skin, but that is a lot of work for what may be a one time use.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True Bobby. I am still considering going with a mask for that very reason. I don't enjoy long hours of getting make-up put on and taken off.

CFX Effects told me they could make a custom mask for me for $8000 and I don't think they're open to negotiate. Maybe if I started a charity group in my honor, I could raise the cash. :) lol.

Thanks Abunai, but I am sadly probably going to have to scrap this idea. I have been dying to be a character from the "Planet of the Apes" series for years, but the price just is never right. Too many websites want to charge me too much for the stuff. I realize it takes a lot of time and effort to make this stuff, but I don't want to live with my parents forever or end up on the street. I also rather not pursue the project all then look cheap.

I guess I'll just have to add this to my list of things I'd like to buy if I get rich. :)

But hey, never say never. If there's a will, there's a way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts