Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this year I'm going to be wearing a bit of face make up. I don't normally like to do this because not only am I not good at applying it, but I'm also worried it'll rub off or rub off on things.

Any suggestions on the best face make up that doesn't rub off or smear? I'll be wearing it at night for several hours so I also want it to last. I only need one color, so I don't mind paying a tad extra for it, but not a crazy amount of money like more than $25...thoughts?

·
Registered
670 Posts
For my money, the best compromise between price and durability is a cream paint set with both translucent powder AND a matte setting spray. For large areas, use a sponge to dab it on rather than wipe/smear. Apply powder, leave it for a few minutes, come back and gently brush it off, finish with the spray.

Products I like - Ben Nye and Mehron cream colors, though Wet n Wild makes an acceptable product that is easier to get but in limited colors. Any loose translucent powder is probably fine, I use some Ben Nye stuff but that's probably more than you'll ever need. And Nyx matte setting spray, get the tiny trial size bottle.

Wet n Wild also makes some pretty decent stick-on stencils, in case that's of interest. "Fantasy Makers" is their Halloween makeup line, at all the big-box retailers in the US. Not to plug them too much, but if you need lipstick I highly recommend their liquid catsuit matte liquid lipstick for inexpensive serious staying power.

Also recommend: micellar water as remover. It'll take off anything, all of this at least, and is gentle. Shake well. Trial size bottles exist that are around $3.50 in my area.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For my money, the best compromise between price and durability is a cream paint set with both translucent powder AND a matte setting spray. For large areas, use a sponge to dab it on rather than wipe/smear. Apply powder, leave it for a few minutes, come back and gently brush it off, finish with the spray.

Products I like - Ben Nye and Mehron cream colors, though Wet n Wild makes an acceptable product that is easier to get but in limited colors. Any loose translucent powder is probably fine, I use some Ben Nye stuff but that's probably more than you'll ever need. And Nyx matte setting spray, get the tiny trial size bottle.

Wet n Wild also makes some pretty decent stick-on stencils, in case that's of interest. "Fantasy Makers" is their Halloween makeup line, at all the big-box retailers in the US. Not to plug them too much, but if you need lipstick I highly recommend their liquid catsuit matte liquid lipstick for inexpensive serious staying power.

Also recommend: micellar water as remover. It'll take off anything, all of this at least, and is gentle. Shake well. Trial size bottles exist that are around $3.50 in my area.
Thanks for the information! This is really helpful. I think I've used the Ben Nye before. I'll need to look for that in red. And yes, Wet n Wild does have some good stuff for Halloween. I have some of the black liquid lipstick. I love it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts