Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I need as much help as possible between now and Sunday. We are shooting an intro video for our haunt on Sunday and I need advice, pics and guides on aging our male actor using traditional halloween "cake make-up" (Not Airbrush or Prosthetic Appliances). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree with Sychoclown, latex is very good at aging.

The best wrinkles for the cheeks is as follows: Have the victim...er, person puff out their cheeks and apply a layer of latex. Dry with a hairdrier set on cool. Relax the cheeks. Instant wrinkles. The more layers you put one, the more wrinkles.

For the forehead, have the victime scrunch his eyes closed real tight (tightens the skin of the forehead) and apply latex as above. The dry latex will wrinkle up when the vicitm opens his eyes and the forehead relaxes.

For cake make up: blend darker colors to highlight wrinkles and sunken cheeks and around the eyes. You want to higlight the cheek-bones and the mandible. Make it slightly grey. Use the thumb-accross-a-toothbrush technique to splatter darker browns in splotches (nice liver spots).

Just a couple of ideas.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
You can also use the darker colors to do cross-hatch marks around the lips and the corner of the eyes. Make sagging horizontal lines on the neck to increase the look of aging.

I love doing aging make-up, but unfortunately, I don't need as much as I once did! LOL. Here's me as Boise State University Homecoming Queen '57, still in my cheerleader outfit, only it's 2009! It's a little hard to see the make-up but it gives you an idea.

Good luck with your video, Freak 'N' Stein, let us see it when you're done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts