Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am looking for suggestions on how to make my stuffed dummy stand (or possibly hang but look like hes standing) this is the dummy i have. I have added extra stuffing to fill him out more and hes very realistic for sure but more so made to sit in a chair or like wise. but my idea for him is to be a grave digger/grave robber. I recently had to remove a stump from my front yard so i figured i would leave the hole there and fill it with bones and have the dummy standing next to it, maybe leaning on a shovel. i would like for it to be easily taken down as well nightly or incase it rains.

what have people done in the past that has worked for them?

·
Registered
181 Posts
An internal frame made of pvc pipe is inexpensive. You can either put it on a stand (also made of pvc pipe) or drive a piece of rebar into the ground and slip one of the pipes over it. If you use one of the legs for the pipe that slips over the rebar, the stand won't show at all.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,313 Posts
Just make sure to get the thicker PVC; I learned the hard way that there are different thicknesses of the same measurement - a 3/4 PVC can be thin or thick walled, and if you can get it, go with the 1 inch thick wall (I think they call it PVC 40?). I have seen folks use sand bags (literally, bags of playground sand) to weight the stands, and also the rebar into the ground method too - both work!

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i ended up using some pvc in the dummies jump suit and some rope and attached him to a bird feeder stand that i had, i think it looks okay at least for this year, and you can hardly see the stand behind him.
grave yard15.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts