Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd recommend anything in a crockpot so it's done when you're getting home from work. You could assemble something like a meatloaf ahead of time and bake it when you get home...but if you're coming home that late, I'd just have something already cooking in the crockpot.

As far as something for guests that stop by, I'd do something "semi-handmade" that was assembled the night before...

Jello shots in syringes

Store bought cupcakes that you decorate yourself (one year I did orange & black worms and halloween oreo dirt (orange creme oreos) with a spider ring on top of store bought cupcakes and they were delicious)

Some kind of popcorn like the monster-themed you see on pinterest

Halloween-themed deviled eggs

A cheese/meat tray assembled around a small plastic skeleton

A crockpot of mini meatballs

Honestly, my family tradition is ordering pizza on Halloween because everyone is too busy getting ready to even bother with cooking!

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,401 Posts
I'd go crockpot or just order some trays of food from Costco, Sam's Club or your local grocery store. You can pick them up the day before or the day of & you won't have to cook anything that night.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Lots of options here including appetizers and full meals. There are a few crockpot recipes as well that do really well simmering all day while you wait for people to show up (like the Chili Con Carnage and the VooDoo Stew).

www.eatthedead.com

:)

Love that site! Last year I made the deviled eggs and they came out really well. I plan to make them again this year!

84AF7DDB-5911-4A21-AB27-A97096982792.jpg

·
Registered
459 Posts
I like to make ahead Italian beef for sandwiches in a crockpot

2-3# Rolled Rump or Sirloin Tip end or chuck cross rib Roast
1 dry packet lipton onion soup mix
1 dry packet italian dressing mix
1 cup water
Put roast in Crock Pot combine water with soup packets and pour on top and cover and cook all day (7-8 hours) on low, shred it and sort of mush it back down in the juices and let it simmer till you want to eat it.
I usually use around a 5 pound roast and 2 packets each of the mixs.

Serve on buns and have some mozzarella shredded cheese to sprinkle on top if wanted. Simple and Wonderful. People always ask what it is and no one believes me when I tell them it is literally 3 ingredients.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts