Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a little "open air trash receptacle recycling" (dumpster diving) when I scored about 45 of these acrylic tubes. The are all 10 inches long, 1 1/4 inches in diameter, with a 1/8 inch thick wall.

Like I said I scored about 45 of these but now I have no idea what to use them For. The wife is looking at me funny so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

HELP!! Marc V.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Aquarium pump, bubblers, tubing, colored water, maybe some LEDs. Aquarium seal them to a long piece of black acetate, drill holes up through the bottom, put in bubblers, aquarium seal bubblers in place. Hook up all to tubing using splitters and a back up preventer valve. fill with colored water, attach top (also acetate? acrylic?) drill small holes to relieve pressure. plug 'er n and see what happens...
All off the top of my head, it could be an interesting detail in a lab scene.

OR... what do they sound like rattling into each other? Maybe make a fan-blown wind chime of sorts with some of them.

·
Wild Fandango
1,494 Posts
Yeah, don't paint something that nice into candles, you can do that with cardboard or a cheap fluorescent tube protector.

Graduated cylinder

Giant test tube

Figure out some way to seal them and fill with (distilled with a drop of bleach) water with an aquarium pump sending up bubbles from below and LED lighting

Use as the core tubing for a gigantic "floating spigot" prop. You'd need some good water flow to completely hide this though.

Find some Kryptonian Knowledge Crystals to put inside them like the movie version of the Fortress of Solitude.

Sell them on the forum :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Add a divider between the two with a tinly hole in it. Then, fill with colored water and clear mineral oil and seal the ends. Water will drip through the hole and form ball shapes as it passes through the oil.

For a cool effect under black light, color the water with dye from a fluorescent highlighter pen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts