Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Halloween Dark Ride, I have a dungeon/castle type wall that has a large oval mirror that I use for my Magic Mirror scene (First video below). This was originally accomplished by using the puppet created by ImaginEERIEing. This particular puppet worked well but I did not use it as a puppet but rather as a stand alone presentation so any of the motions and mouth movements associated with my scene had to be programmed using flash. Worked really well, but I wanted a bit more realism. I decided to use CrazyTalk to animate this puppet instead. If your not familiar with CrazyTalk, do yourself a favor and check it out.

What I did was take a screen-shot of the ImaginEERIEing puppet and then imported the screenshot into CrazyTalk, made some changes to the eyes, and mouth, animated the voice and then exported to Power Director. In Power Director I added the spirit balls, smoke effects and sounds. The second video below is the result of this effort. I would appreciate some constructive criticism as I want this to look perfect! Thanks in advanced.

Video of Magic Mirror using ImaginERRIEing software programmed/controlled using flash.
Note: Magic Mirror starts at 0:50

Video of enhanced version using Crazy Talk and Video Editing.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Did you puppet the animation in crazy talk, or have it auto lip synch? I've had the software for a long time now, but haven't done much with it. The auto lip synch seems to be weak even when maxing out the exaggeration settings whenever I have tried.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you puppet the animation in crazy talk, or have it auto lip synch? I've had the software for a long time now, but haven't done much with it. The auto lip synch seems to be weak even when maxing out the exaggeration settings whenever I have tried.

In CrazyTalk, I did not use any auto sync features. I first imported the audio under listen mode which generated the natural movements of the face and eyes. Then, I used the lips editor to add the appropriate lip movements that best matched the spoken words. It took a minute but the end result is well worth the effort in my opinion.

·
Registered
668 Posts
In CrazyTalk, I did not use any auto sync features. I first imported the audio under listen mode which generated the natural movements of the face and eyes. Then, I used the lips editor to add the appropriate lip movements that best matched the spoken words. It took a minute but the end result is well worth the effort in my opinion.
I couldn't agree more with the results. Time for me to mess around with crazytalk more.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CrazyTalk version is much better, really good.
Thanks J-Man. Have an opinion about the appear sequence? Should I keep or remove the orbs, light flare, smoke and or fog? Sometimes I am happy with the orbs and lens flare and other times I am second guessing it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kinda like just the fog, the other stuff is a bit too much like a magic show. As always, just my opinion. ;)
Thanks, this is what I was looking for, an honest opinion. :) Sometimes I try to make something better and end up just making it worse. Too often a blind eye is adopted when trying to add some entertainment to something such as this. Thanks for the input.

Anyone else have an opinion? I would really like to her what the community thinks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts