Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make an exceptable madame leota, and I am never satisfied! I have found a 10 in diameter clear plastic ball, a blank face, and a projector, but I still need a white wig like hers, her crystal ball stand, and a dvd of her face. I don't have a dvd burner, and I would like to get a stand that looks like hers, and her wig, I don't know how to make one like that. I know i'm picky, but the real one is so cool.:(:p:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wait!

the madame leota stand i can probably make and i can always make my own video, but i still don't know where to get the wig, and if you guys have any info on the other subjects that would be good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw it, but I already have the projector. It is cool, bu I wan to do the haunted mansion version. thanks for the idea though. do you know where to get a brass stand that looks like madame leota's and a wig. even if i did do the count von krolok thing i still need the stuff.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My question is how to keep down the extra light that the projector puts off. Mine creates a box around Leota's crystal ball that can be seen on a wall about 5' behind her.

Any suggestions?

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Dminor, that's an easy fix. You're going to need to cut out a small circle in, say, a piece of cardboard. Put the cardboard in front of the lens of the projector such that it obstructs the edges of the projection from reaching the wall, but the subject of your projection (here, the face) is not obscured. It takes a little fiddling with, but it's super easy, and the result is well worth it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They had some sort of round wooden display stand the last time that I was at Garden Ridge. Don't remember a price, but my husband commented that they would make a good stand for Leota if we couldn't find a Spirit ball.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm attempting to build a Madame Leota this year. There's a ton of good how to on the net, the hardest thing I'm running into is the actual crystal ball.
A disassebled Spirit Ball prop seems to be the most commn recommendation, but since they're discontinued I'm stuck with eBay and there's not much out there. Also don't want to pay top dollar for an animatronic prop that I'm going to cannibalize.

Any other suggestions for the crystal ball that would have an opening with a wide enough diameter for the head to fit through?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
What are you willing to pay? I have one that I'm not going to be using again and would be happy to sell it to you. It's in pretty decent shape, already has the foam head and white wig.

Only real issues with it is that 1. it has all of the electronics removed. 2. One of the legs is missing a "peg", so instead of connecting each leg via 3 pegs, it only has 2 to connect to. This doesn't effect its ability to sit level and the other two legs have all 3 pegs and connect without problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What are you willing to pay? I have one that I'm not going to be using again and would be happy to sell it to you. It's in pretty decent shape, already has the foam head and white wig.

Only real issues with it is that 1. it has all of the electronics removed. 2. One of the legs is missing a "peg", so instead of connecting each leg via 3 pegs, it only has 2 to connect to. This doesn't effect its ability to sit level and the other two legs have all 3 pegs and connect without problem.
What size is the one you have? Would it be convenient to post a picture of it?

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
2,620 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts