Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a quicky that I did tonight. I aged the paper for the label in tea..the head is actually supposed to be a skull, one of the grow in water toys...it looks really creepy though. The jar is a used candle jar from Walmart, with a drop of yellow food coloring to make the water look like ..Pee? lol formaldehyde? I'll add more as I make them...all my static props that is. 1003180_647680528578468_1142822358_n.jpg 1098473_647680315245156_1921530578_n.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
531785_648133888533132_1953918286_n.jpg

Some potion ingredient bottles that I finished this evening. Well, I made the Dragon's Blood bottle a few years ago as a Renaissance Festival accessory, and contains actual dragon's blood incense from Ren Faire. ...But the rest are from tonight. The "Extra Fine Frog Hair"...is an empty bottle...."Demon Drool" is olive oil with a drop of green food coloring..."Goblin Teeth" is salt crystals colored with red, green, and yellow food coloring..."Werewolf Fur" is fake fur...."Pulverized Pixie Bones" is a mixture of salt, Epsom salt, and Himalayan pink salt...

I hand wrote the labels. I've been dabbling on and off with calligraphy for several years, Mostly during Christmas. Once the lettering is done, I take my little torch lighter, and singe the label edges just enough to damage them. Then I thump them to remove loose particles, and apply wood glue to both the front and the back. towel off the excess and allow to dry. As you rub it around on the front bits of the burned edge get caught in the glue, adding to the aged effect. A couple of them I put coffee filters on and wrapped with twine and dipped into some candle wax from a used up candle. I can't take credit for that though. I found it on Pinterest...

Voila...instant potion parts.. ..Now if I can just find some of that pesky "eye of newt". ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts