Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We had a theater theme this year and here is a video of the game we played.
The guests were invited to an open casting call at the Macabre theater. They had to do a try out and based on that, they were either thru to the next round or eliminated. These are the ones who made it to the finals. We ended up with 2 teams. They had to come up with a skit that involved all the characters they were dressed as and perform it.

Team one had to make up a skit with death, two homeless women, a wizard, a fairy and a ghostbuster lol

Team two had to come up with a skit with a pirate, man dressed as woman, a bat, a witch and once again a ghostbuster (they both ended up making it to the final in different rounds lol)

Anyway, its all in dutch but I think the acting is so good that it transcends the language barrier lol It was the best game we ever did for our halloween party. Participation was excellent and they went far and above expectations! Wish I had known sooner that all our friends and coworkers were such hams lol

castingcall.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

MsM

·
Registered
994 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA GHOSTBUSTERS GO DUTCH!

HI-Larious.

The most impressive thing is how many adults you had getting into Halloween!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHAHAHAHA GHOSTBUSTERS GO DUTCH!

HI-Larious.

The most impressive thing is how many adults you had getting into Halloween!
They are really all just a bunch of big kids lol
Especially those two ghostbusters. In dutch, like many other languages there's the formal 'you'.
You use the formal 'you' to show respect. When the female ghostbuster tells death that she's gonna zap him....she used the formal you lol too funny. And the guy ghostbuster, he started yelling...again again lol So he kills twice and then after killing her the second time, he says 'sheesh that was a hard one to kill' haha

Can't dutch this :)

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was glad I was the hostess and not a guest haha
Obviously my guests love acting out, so now I have to think of another game next year where they can strut their stuff.

MsM

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
MsM: That was FABULOUS!!! So great that they all participated and participated with GUSTO!!!!! Great group of folks, aren't they??

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah they really are a great group. We gave out 3 recognition awards for having attended all 7 of our parties. I modeled it after a 'knighting' announcement and they were tapped on the shoulder with a plastic pitchfork as they were initiated into the order of the halloween pumpkin lol

I hope you and the other regulars from the party idea forum help me figure out how to harness all this energy for another cool game next year.

MsM

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hahaha! That was awesome! It's great that they were all so enthusiastic about performing. I agree, you need to come up with something special for next year. You could try that "truth or dare" type of game, but have a lot of the tasks be something tapping their acting skills. Are you going to have a theme next year? You could work with the theme in developing the tasks. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Nothing like a Halloween party where people really get into character and have a good time!
Thanks for posting the video.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahaha! That was awesome! It's great that they were all so enthusiastic about performing. I agree, you need to come up with something special for next year. You could try that "truth or dare" type of game, but have a lot of the tasks be something tapping their acting skills. Are you going to have a theme next year? You could work with the theme in developing the tasks. Just a thought...
I don't have a theme yet for next year. Maybe I'll come up with the game first and find a theme that works with it lol This game was a cross between tempt your fate and survival and then with a theater twist. You should have seen some of the stuff others did to try to make it to the finals but weren't quite good enough lol I want to try to make some out takes of those performances but the lighting was so poor. Not sure how it will turn out.
But if you have any ideas for next year.....throw them out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts