Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked this up the other day and I'm debating on what to do with it. A bunch of my friends have some high quality Elder Suits (From Underworld) and I was considering altering this mask into a useable one for a lycan costume. It needs a repaint and work, but im interested in making the jaw move too. Any tips and suggestions? Or should I just stuff it and make a werewolf prop for the house?

Its huge, and includes the shoulders and over large neck of the lycans. It'd take a lot of foam to stuff for wearing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is awesome. I wish I had the skill to do that! For the Lycan, they were tall so you might consider a small mechanical system to move the mouth and then have the whole thing sit on top of your head and shoulders. Yes, you would probably need even MORE foam but the size would surely be impressive.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Getting the mouth to move could be tricky since it is cast open like that.
I think there are some good behind the scenes features on one of the Underworld DVDs that show how the mask worked. I know they show they did the legs, and there is a consumer product now that is similar, but are not cheap.

Powerisers, Jump up to 6ft with the Poweriser jumping stilts! jumping shoes Powerskip Spring stilts bouncing stilts spring loaded Shoes

Edit: Found the scenes with the mask articulation.

Here is the frame for the Underworld mask. They used servos and three controllers for the mask, but you could use camera cable releases attached to a glove and control the face yourself.

And the legs

·
Registered
543 Posts
I too would like to know what route you decided to go with the mask.

Also, I just discovered the stilts are referred to as Digitigrade Stilts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts