Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tekkytoys.com/pages/halloween2.php?productID=222

I got this for last Halloween, and if I had reviewed it last year I would have given it a good review. But the review is after this Halloween.

Lunging lilly is a prop which uses a motion detector to sense someone in the area, starts talking in a freaky voice, then lunges at the person scaring them. Last year It probably got used about 20 times and worked well. I packed it up at the end of the season and put it away until this year. I set it up for Halloween and tested it. It worked fine. The first tot who came through and it went off with no problems. The 2nd set came through and it sprang out, but would not go back down. It made a sound like it wanted to but the gears were stripped. Messes around with it but it was shot. It did not work again.

Based on my experience, if you want it for one halloween, it make a good piece and does deliver a shock to people. If you want something for multiple halloweens, stay away.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes, Lunging Lilly is an effective prop (I would say very effective for what it is), but Lilly is too big for her mechanism, like Jack o Lunger. It's fundamentally the same launch mechanism used for much smaller props, like Tekky's lunging Dog, Cat, Snake, Critter, Spiders (all of which I have but the dog).

I have two Lillies. The one I bought in 2015 died on the second Halloween, but I had left it out in the rain. So I bought another. Tested the rain-dead one the other day and it worked fine, with the exception of no sound. I have to figure out how to fix that, as I have at least one other prop (probably several) with same problem. The second Lilly made it through her one Halloween (a couple of weeks outdoors, in for rain). Probably went thru a few score cycles.

I also wanted to observe that I think that some of Tekky's lunging and pop-up props only work well with the power cord. Maybe I am using the wrong batteries, etc. Just my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts