Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come across this intriguing new startup- lumoplay. Its basically an interactive projection system similar to more expensive commercial version you have seen at malls or museums.

One interesting thing about it is the ability to create videogames. So it would be possible to create halloween-type (or any holiday, truthfully) animations and interactive projections.

Here's the link.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lumo-interactive-projector

Victor

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is probably the next big thing. I can see an interactive wall that responds to the touch.
Pete

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Looks like some of the interactive displays I've seen at Disney. And also some footage of what to expect in Disney's Animal Kingdom Avatar / Pandora land expansion, e.g. leaving footstep traces in a bioluminescent forest as you walk along. Really looking forward to seeing the full bestiary of new special effects Disney's cooking up for Pandora.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Cool! I wonder how hard it would be to create original content for it. you know, something interactive and scary for us Halloween weirdos. ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Looks like some of the interactive displays I've seen at Disney. And also some footage of what to expect in Disney's Animal Kingdom Avatar / Pandora land expansion, e.g. leaving footstep traces in a bioluminescent forest as you walk along. Really looking forward to seeing the full bestiary of new special effects Disney's cooking up for Pandora.
It doesn't appear that they are using projection type effects for the footsteps. There is a short video out with some quick clips of some things they are working on. A lot will change from this early concept stage to actual opening day though I'm sure.
Side note, I would have preferred the beastly kingdom expansion over pandora.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To me, the lumoplay is simply the use of the wii/kinect sensor bar, attached to proprietary software, and projected with the onboard 480p projector. I think that maybe in the future, halloween software sellers like Atmosfear, Hallowindows, etc. would get the software and plug in their own versions to project and interact. You could project in onto the wall or the floor, depending on the setup you want.

Here are similar projects/concepts

Touchjet TouchPico

disneys' concept for Hideout- Interesting to see how this will work out

Victor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts