Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
His work definitely shows that close-up perfection is not always important. His overall sculptural look is very professional. And close-up perfection will tend to eat a lot of time, along with adding a lot of weight and expense. For something without space to store them, and would be discarded, it certainly would be a waste. The extra energy and money may be better spent on creating other things.

-Joe

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love how his painted foiled dinos turned out. Made me think briefly of taking my skeleton dinos and wrapping and painting them.

All I could think about after seeing this was “how much aluminum foil did he use?!” At those sizes must have been a decent expense along with a lot of paint.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If you wanted to see more of this guy’s dino haunt, I stumbled upon this family’s video at halloween time and lo and behold it included video of the Utah guy’s dinosaur themed yard (plus a bit more of his King Kong from the prior year). Nice close ups at night with lighting and with fog and also video taken during the day. This starts at 4:55 into the video.

Same family, video of the Utah man’s prior yard builds including ghost train, pirate ship and King Kong. Surprised I don’t recall seeing his yearly yard haunts before. The yard tours start at 2:03.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts