Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been working on this since August, and it's finally at the point to share. :)
We did a test run on setup tonight, and have some nifty pics.

For the build of my (really easy for non-mechanical folks) ghost pony scarousel (and video) go here

Our signage ( our anniversary is Halloween, and this will be our 13th :eek: )

My take on the clown mouth entrance (needs the red shredded curtain added in)

With the circus stripe flats to block the house. The opening on the right is where Spidora the Spider woman will be stationed (will try to get a pic of her tomorrow).

Night shot with lighting.

Jack in the box: shiatsu hacked grave grabber with a $1 store clown wig for our creepy carnival Halloween display!

>^..^<
Wow! I love everything - the scarousel came out great, the lettering on the sign is gorgeous, the clown awning's teeth are perfectly horrible, and the lit up eyes are a really great & awful touch, and jack in the box looks pretty wild! Should be great fun for your guests. And happy almost anniversary!

Somewhat Eccentric
I love it all, but those packing tape ponies really make the scarousel come to life!

Oh and happy anniversary! :)

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the congrats on the anniversary everyone - it's a pretty nifty way to celebrate! :D

The fun part is that most all of these are made from cardboard (clown mouth entrance, lucky 13 signage) or stuff I already had laying around fro previous prop builds (the circus striped flats are the walls of my crypt from many years ago, surface of the carousel is an old plastic picnic table) or things I scrounged for free (the box for the jack in the box along with many bits and pieces of wood and press board came from a house in the neighborhood throwing out all of their home-built decorations - they were moving and weren't doing their display any more). I also sourced craigslist's free section for things like pallets, paint and old fence boards to build other things like my ticket booth (not shown, but it's coming!)

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Zarko the Headless Clown - $20 costume, $15 mask (both from Oriental Trading), a mannequin I got years ago from craigslist (no darn stand and missing his left hand tho). Stuffed the mask with bags (lucky placement of a Target bullseye created a real eye in the mask hole!) and used an old gardening glove stuffed with newspaper and sewn onto the mask, then taped to the arm. Still need to put on his shoes but he's finished otherwise. :)

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Aaaaand now for some more stuff. :)

Some of our setup is having to be re-positioned or is not going out right now due to the fact that the weather is predicting thunderstorms from Wednesday - Saturday (with Saturday being the day of our party :p ).

Ticket booth out but only 90% complete. Will be putting two white JoLs on the tops of the columns and a very large skull on the top center. And it is actually overlapping the position where the ghost pony scarousel is to sit (which is not going out until next weekend).

Skeletina, the Bony Beauty of the Highwire. She has a pink parasol that was intended to be used (a subtle nod to Disney's Haunted Mansion Tightrope walker) but with high winds possible, she's using a blue balance bar for now.

Zombie Flamingos (part of the sideshow display)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts