Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! I got a new "Autumn Style" catalog in yesterday from LTD Commodities. It's 350 colorful pages of stuff! I order from them about 1 or 2 times a year, so I regularly get catalogs.

I was pleasantly surprised by their Halloween & Fall offerings this year! I'll post some links here but there is really a lot, so I recommend browsing their website. A pop-up will likely occur if you sign up for their emails so that you'll get reduced shipping costs.

Here's the link to the whole Halloween overview - https://www.ltdcommodities.com/browse/Holiday-Halloween/_/N-288e

Here's the link to Fall decorating - https://www.ltdcommodities.com/browse/Holiday-Fall-Decorating/_/N-288d

I'll mention some things I thought as I was looking through the catalog - they had a couple of different bathroom sets this year. There was a pumpkin/fall set & a set with witches shoes too. The whole shebang - shower curtain, rug, toothbrush holder, window curtain, tissue box, soap dispensers, shower hooks, hand towels, etc. The soap dispenser shaped like a witch shoe was pretty cool, IMHO!

Lots of pillows at decent prices! Some that spell EEK, some for BOO. One shaped like a cat, one shaped like a spiderweb. Some primitive fall types. They have stuffed pumpkins that would work like pillows too - the 3 tier stacked pumpkins are nice!

Dog toys! A witch, Frankenstein's monster & a pumpkin!

I like these two broom signs - https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Home...ms/288e/prod2230299.jmp?categoryId=cat2280006 and at $8.98, they are pretty inexpensive too!

She's listed as a hanging prop who is not weather safe, but for $17.98, this witch talks & has poseable arms. I think fitting her with a pole stand, fluffing up her clothes and maybe adding a couple of your own accessories makes her a steal! Almost 6 ft tall!

https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Home...ch/288e/prod2230290.jmp?categoryId=cat2280006

I am also taken with these "life size climbing zombies". They are simple props made to look like they are climbing up your house. No faces on them since they face away, but you could change that if you wanted. They have hooks on their hands & feet & a few of them climbing up your wall would be pretty neat - also eerie if you attached them to the ceiling!

https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Home...&categoryId=cat51917&catalogBookId=visibleLTD

I own these hand wall hangers and LOVE THEM! If you like the Grandin Road hands but not the price, I think these are excellent alternatives - at $4.98 each you really can't get a better deal. They have some heft to them. https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Home...rs/288e/prod1071043.jmp?categoryId=cat2280006

I also have this 2-tier spiderweb basket shown in this photo & think it's very nice - https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Home...or/288e/prod1740580.jmp?categoryId=cat2280006
The BOO pumpkins & Halloween banner in the above photo are nice looking too.

This lighted haunted house stood out to me - https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Home...ng-Halloween-Decor//prod2230122.jmp?fm=search

If you do a Halloween village, they have a cool mini garden setup with a house on a pumpkin, a haunted tree & other figurines. Not sure how they measure up to other village pieces though. https://www.ltdcommodities.com/Gard...en/288e/prod2250320.jmp?categoryId=cat2280006

They have some silhouettes for your yard, a skeleton barking dog prop, wreaths, tabletop stuff, flags, lights, all kinds of stuff, really. Anyway, I will probably get a couple of Halloween (and that other holiday!) items from them this year & thought I'd share. I have not had any issues with customer service from this company & have probably used them for 8+ years now. No affiliation with them other than as a customer. :cool:

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
They must have just posted those because I checked their site on Friday and the snoring skelly (repeat from previous years) and the light up ToT guys weren't displayed then. Remember seeing the Wlaking Dead items though.

I have the snoring skelly guy in the hammock. He's small but his chest does go up and down to the snoring really well. I bought him for that effect. Bought a second one the next year after my initial purchase so they have been around for a while. Figured his chest mechanism with snoring sound track was worth the cost and figured you could always modify him with other body parts if you want something larger. I see he's maybe a $1 more since last year. If my haunt plans go as hoped this year I'll finally get to use them.

I also have a few pairs of the creepy hands. Great price and they are really nice. A number or other members bought them too. Don't recall anyone being disppointed.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Next month, there should be more showing up, I would think, as a good amount of the shown products have been available for some time. I remember them (Lakeside, but still) adding quite a few goods as it got closer to Halloween last year, actually, and having a lot left over and on sale not much after.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I ordered some of those hands, I wanted them last year and waited too late and they sold out. Got a jump on it this year and got a few sets and took them up on their 5 dollar shipping offer. I was thinking about the GR hands with lanterns but for the cost I will be happy with these instead ! creepy hands.jpg

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I've gotten a few pair of those hands over the last couple years, and I'm very happy with them. They look great!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We purchased a few decor items last year and were happy with them. I just bought the 71" hanging witch for our haunt. We needed a new witch.

Reactions: Jenn&MattFromPA

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered some of those hands, I wanted them last year and waited too late and they sold out. Got a jump on it this year and got a few sets and took them up on their 5 dollar shipping offer. I was thinking about the GR hands with lanterns but for the cost I will be happy with these instead !
Disembodied Voice - I will be surprised if you are not pleased with these. Please let us know what you think once you receive them! Glad you could do the $5 shipping!

Shadowbat - I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Witch once you get her also! I got a witch prop for the first time just last year, so I'm not necessarily in the market for one, but if this one is decent I might consider adding her and starting a "coven"! LOL!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts

Shadowbat - I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Witch once you get her also! I got a witch prop for the first time just last year, so I'm not necessarily in the market for one, but if this one is decent I might consider adding her and starting a "coven"! LOL!

Will do! We want the illusion of the witches floating so that's why we're going with the hanging versions as opposed to a full body animatronic or static piece.

Reactions: printersdevil

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Our witch arrived this evening. It's what you would expect for a $17 hanging prop. I'm not complaining, it will be a nice addition to the scene. I'll do a video review of it tomorrow and get it up.

Reactions: Jenn&MattFromPA

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,083 Posts
I have the ghost ToTers & they're great. They have very heavily weighted feet too which is nice.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm getting a set of hands and the witch who will have her clothes upgraded and I will make her a nice PVC stand to haunt the end of a hallway in front of a door we pretty much never use. I wasn't going to get anything but the prices are so good i couldn't resist.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Stuff came. The hands are like WOW nice. I am not entirely sure where they are going but they are great and I was skitching the cats with them they really approve!

The witch is ok for the price. I actually like the iridescent fabric on her hat and dress but her dress needs to be a lot longer and she was kind of wadded up so I need to get the steamer out. I'm going to make it longer with some black tulle and other fabric I have laying around and make her a PVC stand and might get a large plastic cauldron for her too. That could be fun.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I also got my hands, actually got them really fast like 2 or 3 days after I ordered but I just opened them a day or two ago. I love these hands and now wish I had ordered one more set. Might still do it but it would have been cheaper shipping wise if I had just got them all at one time. Well I'm going to look and see if there is something else to add to the order. Anyone thinking about the hands, do it !! they are fantastic.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hilda, here's a photo of the hands I ordered last year. I don't know if anything has changed, but I imagine likely not - especially because the feedback here is so positive again this year. The hands are really excellent, especially for the price! I can't imagine that anyone would be disappointed (unless they change the product).

This photo was with flash. If I recall correctly, there's a sort of keyhole opening on the back for them to hang.

DSC07077.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey everyone, first time poster but have been lurking for awhile.
The quality on those witch hands is simply amazing and can't be beat for $5 each. For those who have them how big is the keyhole?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey everyone, first time poster but have been lurking for awhile.
The quality on those witch hands is simply amazing and can't be beat for $5 each. For those who have them what would be a good way to hang them up?
Hi! Glad to have you join us! I actually was planning to put strong magnets on the back of mine & attach them to my garage door, but I ran out of time last year & didn't make this happen. My plan this year is to create a witch shack & use these on the walls, and I will probably just use nails.

I think these MIGHT be too heavy to attach to the wall with command hooks, but it's possible they could work. Another option is to get a square/rectangle of plywood, lay a frame over the top & attach the hands to the plywood & then hang that whole thing on the wall like a picture frame. That way only one hook in the wall, you know?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts