Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What store do you prefer for all your haunting needs? I have a Lowes and Home Depot about a mile or 2 from my house and they're across the street from each other so I can be picky :)

·
Haverghast Asylum warden.
799 Posts
It depends which place has the items cheaper.:D They are both located across town. I mainly only go their for lumber or pvc pipe. I get the bulk of my junk from Orchard supply, screws , bolts , wire, wire nuts, ect.

P.s. Don't buy Lumber from Orchard supply:eek:

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Six is one, half a dozen the other. I've been to some HD where I was treated like dirt, and that had lousy stuff...then others in other areas that understood customer service and had better quality. Same experience with Lowe's. Can't recommend one over the other in general.

But that's my experience, your mileage may vary

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
I go to b oth, have had good luck at both, they are not faqr from eaqch other, usuallydepends on wnat other shooping I need to do,and what stores are closest to who. Menards is great too, a alittle cheaper than either of the other 2, but is fartehr away for me, so go to the others more

·
Registered
444 Posts
I shop at both depending on what I need...
I agree with auditor, HD employees treat you like dirt (same with the Ace Hardware by me), and at Lowes, you're lucky if you can find an employee to help you at all!
So, it's Orchard whenever possible, they're very helpful, and great customer service, at least the one near me...

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Duh, Menards. J/K, I know they're only in the Midwest. Lowe's comes in a close second - sometimes they have a better selection at better prices. Our HD doesn't come close.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I didn't see Mrs. M had thrown that out there.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
I go to both, but I prefer Lowes. The Lowes is closer to my house and I know many of the employees by name. I feel that my local Lowes has a good staff with some very knowledgeable people.

I don't like to go to Home Depot. I shudder whenever I go into one and I rarely find someone that knows anything or can help me, but they do sell the pink 2 inch foam insulation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts