Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The joints snap into place and they're kinda-sorta paint-corpsed a little. The cheapest I've seen in any store!

Sorry if ya'll already know this, but this was news to me! Walgreen's wally's are like $50 these days and aside from eBay, I can't find a blucky for under $50 until now.

Here are some photos!

IMG_20180901_195344.jpg

IMG_20180901_195336.jpg

MVIMG_20180901_195348.jpg

·
Registered
548 Posts
Havent been to Lowes yet but I saw the HD ones this past weekend. As luck would have it as getting my stuff out I noticed one of my skeletons leg has broken off so I can use that as an excuse to pick a couple of these up.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Best thing about a skeleton with a broken leg is that you can still use it! Because, well, he's just a skeleton! 😜

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Regarding the home Depot version... the ones I saw ...The arms were ball in socket. Didn't look like they would post and " stay". Legs had a different mechanism that would stay in place. They were tied up, so I couldn't test the arm joints..anyone here can confirm Arms can stay in place?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Regarding the home Depot version... the ones I saw ...The arms were ball in socket. Didn't look like they would post and " stay". Legs had a different mechanism that would stay in place. They were tied up, so I couldn't test the arm joints..anyone here can confirm Arms can stay in place?
The Home Depot skeletons arms are ball in socket joints, same as the ones I purchased last year. They are pretty tight joints so if I lift the arm, or bend the elbow, or wrist, it stays in place, but it will not take any weight. Last year I tried having one hold a small lantern and ended up having to it jerry-rig with fishing line. The only issue I could see are inconsistencies in manufacturing making one set of joints looser than others

·
Registered
12 Posts
We used a little hot glue on the ones we bought last year. We were able to scrape the old glue off to reposition the arms.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have 4 of the HD skellies. They pose just fine, except maybe a bit loose in the wrists. The shoulder and elbow hold fine. No, they won't hold up to any weight, but hot glue, floral wire or fishing line would work to fix their position. They don't stand up on their own, of course - I use black dyed PVC and a zip tie to the spine for that. They do have those red LED eyes, which I'm not a fan of. For my purposes, I like them. Nothing that makes me want to spend $20+ more.

Between HD and Lowes, this one's probably a tossup between which is closer and in-stock.

(PS I believe a blucky is the blow-mold, older, less realistic type skeleton, which this style has largely pushed out. IDK if these have a nickname besides just skellies - used to be Wallies for the ones at Walgreens. Versus the 1/4th quality medical "Buckies". Plastic skeleton history *shrug*)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I second the hot glue - A heat gun and you can reposition easily - they still don't hold a lot of weight but fishing wire does the trick.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I have 4 of the HD skeletons and the biggest problem I have with them is that the head doesn't turn. It really limits posing options. Not sure of the ones at Lowes are the same way or not. Also, HD's have the light up eyes which means there is a battery compartment in the back of the head, which is pretty noticeable. I usually have mine dressed in some way for my cemetery so I can work with it but it's something to consider if you want them "natural".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts