Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, on a whim I stopped by Lowes this morning to pick up more supplies to make another section of fence and to see if their stuff was on sale and sure enough all the air blown's were gone, the witch was gone, and the stuff was only marked like 25% to 30% off. They had one standing skeleton greeter which was the display model for $79.88. They must have marked everything over the weekend and I missed it. So I bought a couple of their tombstones, a haunted rock $9.98 and a talking head $15.98 (skeleton). I used a $10 coupon and got even more off because I bought the fence supplies and it was over $50. Dang it, I wanted the air blown cat that moved it's head...

Also, Big Lots is totally wiped, went there Saturday and picked up two little buckys for $10 each.

That means Garden Ridge must be visited this week. They have really good skeletons I won't buy until they are marked down, I think they are $50 now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck at Garden Ridge. The one in Austin barely has any Halloween items b/c it is too busy turning into a Big Lots/Walmart and selling clothes!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah their Halloween stuff was half of last year, but they had a boatload of 5ft skeletons the kind with the limbs screwed on in a cool dark brown color. I will still have to check it out.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Our Lowes didn't even have Halloween this year, nor did Home Depot.
Yeah, I agree about Garden Ridge. It's apparently the place to go if you want to shop for packaged underwear and cheap purses.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I should check out HD and Lowes this evening. I went to Big Lots about 2-3 weeks ago and they only had a couple of cauldrons, window clings, and a small skeleton-everything else was either gone already or they didn't have much for Halloween. I guess the latter of the two since nobody has had much Halloween selection in my area this year! Blah!

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
No halloween at our local Home Depot, Lowes had much less than last year but haven't been in there recently. Your post will prompt me to go there when the rain stops. It's really been pouring here. Big Lots (was in 2 of them this weekend) had decent inventory and a few things that I don't think I had seen before but I think most stores put out stuff a while ago. With the exception of Spirit and one or two at Lowes, really didn't see many large props. None at Big Lots this year. I've started seeing some 25% or more sales in different places.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,625 Posts
I went to lowes and they had the inflatable pumpkins and one witch one. I think they had a skelly one? but it was gone. I got to see the standing reaper with lantern and while it isnt that spooky its def imposing. Im 5'5" and it makes me look like a dwarf. Ill be keeping my eye on that one, yep yep.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'll check out my lowe's tomorrow on the way to spirit. They only had an end cap for the last two weeks and it was a bunch of junk. Where did you get the coupon? I didn't see on in last Sun. paper.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Grandin Road has started marking down some of their halloween products ..... I'm pretty confident that there's still time to get something delivered. I hope so, cause I broke down and ordered the blow up black cat with the moving head, marked down to $59, and I added on a $10 off coupon code which almost covered the $12 delivery fee.

Animated Inflatable Halloween Black Cat - Grandin Road

I've never bought an inflatable before but I can't help it - I'm a sucker for cat decorations. And I SWEAR that this is the last $$$$ I'm spending this year!!!! (I think this is the third time I've made and broken that promise to my husband this year....)

At this point, it's time to stop buying and time to actually start decorating, if the weather would cooperate, that is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts