Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lowe’s has started to reveal their lineup for this year. All are Gemmy like usual. No prices yet unfortunately.

Shaking Spirit remake

Blow Mold Hand

Life Size Witch (3rd year now)

Hanging Reveal Reaper Head

Hanging Reveal Witch

Baby Head in Box (Was originally at Home Depot and Fleet Farm several years ago)

Groundbreaker Reaper

Crawling Hand

Decoration Display Frame

·
Registered
647 Posts
Looks like garbage.

But Lowes isn’t really a primary resource, they’re usually a “let’s see what’s on clearance” for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that's the crap they are going to have on the shelves it looks like another huge swing and a miss for them. There stuff sucks every year. I think they only really use Halloween to fill the shelf space until they can put out their Christmas stuff.

·
Registered
Prop Building
72 Posts
I look at those props and they look like what you would find gathering dust at a good will. I'm a bit sad that these stores are not realizing how big halloween is becoming and peddling garbage will do nothing to bring customers in when they are competing with the likes of Home Depot, who has for several years been knocking it out of the park.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I look at those props and they look like what you would find gathering dust at a good will. I'm a bit sad that these stores are not realizing how big halloween is becoming and peddling garbage will do nothing to bring customers in when they are competing with the likes of Home Depot, who has for several years been knocking it out of the park.
Because there are two kinds of haunters. Serious haunters, like what you tend to find here, and people with more money than sense who buy cheap crap, throw it on the lawn and then it goes into the trash. Most stores cater to the later group.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They used to be better, but seems like they specialize in the inflatables and try to capitailize on Disney Trademarked at least used to. The Lowes I used to go to a couple of towns over are now gone. There is one somewhat close to work but the drive to it sucks. Think the last time I was there was Oct of 2019 maybe 18 as they don't have anything to draw me to take that bad drive over.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree, the new buyer (last 3 yrs or so) for Home Depot has really upped the anty on their Halloween products, but I think they have always surpassed Lowe's. I worked at Lowe's for 15 yrs and was always pretty much disappointed in the majority of their halloween.

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I agree, the new buyer (last 3 yrs or so) for Home Depot has really upped the anty on their Halloween products, but I think they have always surpassed Lowe's. I worked at Lowe's for 15 yrs and was always pretty much disappointed in the majority of their halloween.
What is Lowe's good for?

Maybe we are an odd group (and I don't know the scale that goes into corporates), but I don't think it would be that difficult to plan what products to make for the holidays...I could be wrong, though. (I'm just saying that they are free to reach out to us for ideas 😁).

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,153 Posts
You had me at giant blow mold hand!!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You can bet the farm the skelly will be back.
While I sort if agree because the Gargantuan Spider was a 2017/2018 prop. I am still hesitant that it will be available this year. The Gargantuan Spider was overstock from the previous year and it spilled over to the following season. 2018 is when people really started to notice HD props quality and wow factor. I really hope the people who didn't find them pick them up(I have two of them). I made them talk and move their heads with pneumatics and servos and if that is an additional added feature this year you're in for a treat.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I guess if HD was really slick and playing the long game, and if they were confident they could keep coming up with a new showstopper every year, they might deliberately not bring them back to train people to buy them ASAP, creating even more buzz. I could of course be wrong about it coming back, that's just my guess.

·
Registered
Prop Building
72 Posts
While I sort if agree because the Gargantuan Spider was a 2017/2018 prop.
I have that spider, got it on sale at the end of the season that year for $130 and still find it one of my favorite props I have purchased to this date. I hope the re-release it to give more people a chance to pick it up.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,153 Posts
I think they only really use Halloween to fill the shelf space until they can put out their Christmas stuff.
Sadlly this is true of MANY stores in general.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The thing about the spider was that everyone wanted it cheap (50-75% off clearance). People were almost fighting over the skeleton at full retail.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts