Halloween Forum banner

221 - 224 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I used to build a lot....Then I bought a lot....Then I sold and got rid of a lot....Then I sat with an empty yard since 2012....People has been after me to do it again for years but I just don't....I'm 47 years old and time is starting to feel like it's slipping away....Me and the wife are the youngest ones in our family and I don't know how much longer all of our family is going to be with us....I decided I'm doing something again this year no matter what...I bought a lot of stuff this year because I'd have an empty yard again if I didn't....Unfortunately regular life takes up too much of my time to make all the stuff myself....I'm actually pretty impressed with the detail in props now so I don't know where the "looks like it was made by kids" comment came from....The sculpting for the molds are pretty good...I'd agree they aren't made to last but I don't care....If something breaks, I got a welder, duct tape, zip ties....Whatever!.....I just want to have a yard full of Halloween and memories of my friends, co workers, and family enjoying the evening.....Whether it's home made or store bought has no relevance to me......It's all about the memories.....ZR
Me and the hubby are in our 60s and dont even have kids, We do it for the neices and nephews and the local tnters and we do it for us... Smetimes we keep saying maybe we wont do as much but we end up out there doing t We do the same with Christmas... I think its fun after its all done

·
Registered
148 Posts
That’s just so disappointing! We haven’t had Halloween or Thanksgiving and they’re already pushing Santa at us. I love fall. I love the colors, the weather, the smells, and of course the holidays. As a kid, I never appreciated Thanksgiving but as an adult I do. And for some reason it always feels that fall and its amazingness is under attack the minute Christmas items hit the floor. It’s like can’t we enjoy one holiday at a time please? Putting my fall soapbox away now. 🤬
So agree!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Went to Lowe's last week and my jaw dropped to the floor seeing all the Christmas decorations out. Small space for Halloween. No Halloween inflatables on the very top of the shelves this year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,639 Posts
Posting for two reasons. One, to let you know some of Lowes Online and In-Store Halloween has gone to 30% as of today (posted more info in the Coupons, Discount area).

In-Store sign this morning:

Two, having gone into a local store this morning to pick up the Gemmy Vertigo + Spinning light with the skeleton at the 30% clearance price ($20.99, reg. 29.99), I have to say it is really nice. And if you decide you don't want the skeleton you can cover up the bottom projection lens. It looks like the front clear cover can be unscrewed and I'm thinking possibly you might be able to replace the skeleton with something else but will leave that up to others to explore. The skeleton is actually pretty nice effect. It's amazing how Gemmy manages to innovate the effects of these spotlights and get us to buy more! Sadly some effects are now discontinued so can be harder to come by. This is one projection light I would highly recommend if it appeals to you.

221 - 224 of 224 Posts