Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else using low voltage landscaping lights to light their props and/or haunt?
I've been using a low voltage system outdoors to light my props/tombstones for years. I just use bulb covers to get the color that I want. But I'm thinking that using them indoors as well would be much safer than standard house current. Plus, stringing a single low voltage supply through a haunt would be easily done. The bulbs typically range between 4w-7w. So the lighting would be just right if placed far enough apart. You can also tap off of this same low voltage supply to light LEDs for props. I'm going to do this for a prop I have outside this year. No sense in running AC to a small prop for lighted eyes, right?

Anyone have any good/bad experience with this?

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I've been using the malibu spots for years to light up the grave yard outside. And I've also used some fancy ones indoors for accent lighting at the food table for our parties. Haven't had any problems with them at all.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
I've used a couple of Malibu spots the last few years. this year I am adding 8 or 10 more with a power supply. I bought all new colored bulbs for them. I like them a lot. I love the ease of just stringing the one cable through the yard. :D

plus the spots I have are the type with the adjustable spot pattern which is nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts