Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last minute? - yes. Have never been really satisfied with my lighting, which is incandescent colored floods and white spots, and have been thinking about going fully to LEDs, in particular, low voltage spots and floods. Really don't like all the electrical cords running all over the yard. Grave yard lighting plus large monster props and sets. Kind of like the Home Depot selection, but wondered what late recommendations you may have.

·
Registered
570 Posts
All LEDs are low voltage compared to incandescent lights. Take a run to Walmart and get their 13-watt colored LED floods at $7 each and they work great. I think I have 4 incandescent bulbs left, only because they're the only things that fit into the fixtures. Everything else has been upgraded to LED.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
All LEDs are low voltage compared to incandescent lights. Take a run to Walmart and get their 13-watt colored LED floods at $7 each and they work great. I think I have 4 incandescent bulbs left, only because they're the only things that fit into the fixtures. Everything else has been upgraded to LED.
You mean low wattage, they're still 120vac.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
if you want to limit the number of cords that you're running across the yard, solar powered led lights are good ... and they come on automatically :)

i'm partial to blue & green ... there are many choices on amazon, so i won't link to any, but i've hadn't been unhappy with any that i use ... some are even still illuminating, at a low level, in the morning :), but i wouldn't depend on that, lol

amk

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well, they're not low voltage but you really can't beat these. Even if you found something comparable in low voltage, you would still have cords and you would also need a power supply.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MHLII8Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508344504&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=10w+rgb+led+flood&psc=1
These are spot on! I just bought 4 of these for my display this year and LOVE them.

I must agree!!! I replaced I of my stake lights and flood bulbs with similar led color changing flood lights. I havent looked back!!! The colors are SO brilliant and bright!!! An investment well worth making!!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use almost all LEDs: floods and regular bulbs. A few CFLs, as the CFL blacklights actually work like a black light. And 2 regular flourescent tube black lights. The rest is all battery powered.

Someone mentioned it above, but what you want is low WATTAGE bulbs (which LEDs are). I think they might use less voltage also, but you have to use bulbs designed for the voltage of a system (ie in the USA it's 120 volts AC for houses, etc... and 12 volts DC for cars).

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I moved to all LEDs a couple years ago. I get RGB ones off Amazon so I can choose color, plus setting them on white helps with setup and tear down since I only work at night. Blacklight LEDs are from ebay.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks J-Man and others for the recommendations. I'm going to go with a combination this year, including some low voltage spots, and have just ordered several of the RGB floods through Amazon. They seem to be a consensus pick and a good value. Also will pick up some LED floods at either Walmart or Lowes and gradually replace all my incandescent bulbs. I'll let you know how they worked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts